Endless Paper Modeling

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by DarkStryfe, Oct 18, 2010.

1. DarkStryfe

DarkStryfe New Member

Hey guys and girls,

Check out this new forum, not owned by a company but just an enthusiast that enjoys paper modeling just like everyone here.

It's meant to be a forum for the members and run by the members. It's new so just like any other forum, it'll take a little bit but give it time and I'm pretty sure it will rival any other paper modeling forum out there. :thumb:

Endless Paper Modeling
  2. Another paper modeling forum?

I'm already in Zealot, as well as Papermodelers, Kartonbau, Karton Network, Maquetas en Papel, and probably others I do'nt remember right now.

What's the main difference between the new forum you are starting, and the ones mentioned above? What can Endless offer that the others don't?
  3. DarkStryfe

DarkStryfe New Member

True there are a lot out there and mainly I used Zealot.

First of my forum will be controlled by the users by votes. When it comes to important issues we will vote to do important things that will move the site to where the users want it to go. No more egotistic pinheads flaunting their power everywhere and abusing the members or completely ignoring them.

We will offer full support and more of a real friends and family atmosphere. So bully's no need to apply. It's a hobby we all enjoy and I don't want anyone ruining it for others. Will it never happen? No but we will minimize it as much as possible. If worst comes to worst the members can come to me directly. Yes I'm Xyberz the owner/creator.

Eventually I will have file hosting directly on the site so you can post any model there that's freely available and post links to anywhere you wish. I won't allow hosting of paid files there but if you have links to it somewhere else, it will stay since the site isn't legally responsible for what members host off site. Of course all that I ask is that if you do post links to paid files elsewhere, please give props to the creator and their work so anyone who does like the model may actually buy it.

This will offer more of a one stop solution for hobbyists rather than going to all those many different places.

Hopefully when everything gets up and running, we will be hosting monthly contests, possibly in many different categories, but we'll see how that goes.

We also will offer live chat rooms for members who want to talk to other people in real time for help, tips, suggestions, etc. Members also have a profile page kinda like a Myspace / Facebook thing so they can be contacted and other members can learn more about their fellow hobbyists.

Oh yeah eventually we will be hosting files via Torrent files. You don't have to use this but it'll be available for people who do want to.

That's just a start. Feedback is greatly welcomed to make Endless the absolute best place possible for paper modeling. Tired of searching the net for everything I like. I'd rather have it all in one place if possible as I'm pretty sure most members would agree.
  4. DarkStryfe

DarkStryfe New Member

OMG, I just replied with a well detailed post about what Endless will have to offer and it has to go through approval before posting!

This is utter bull for sure. This is one MAJOR thing that Endless will not offer, bullies with power tripping egos who feel the need to control every little word that comes thru here.

Hence the reason to leave this board and join one that has an open and true friends and family atmosphere.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

Well that post perfectly explains to me why I should not go to join your site.

Moderation of your post appears to be proving EXACTLY why its in moderation. A member who joins the same month posts just about NIL of any true content and asks everyone to leave for elsewhere on the merit of their word?

To answer Niebla

zealot - sci fo to the max!
    pm.com - non fictional modeling
    european communities - to learn about their cultures and modeling styles - indispensible to me (I belong to and check the same ones frequently)
    endless - to be determined and not likely based on the intro post made by the owner that they have NEVER built paper model....

In fact - hopefully this will be up for prompt removal and no one will ever see my post.
  6. DarkStryfe

DarkStryfe New Member

Would you like to see how well the moderators here help their members or how easily it is to contact an admin to do something about an account?

Xyberz is my original account here back from 2006. I've contributed my share and have met some good people here which I still talk to this day.

I went MIA from the scene for a little while but my account was still active here. I believe the forum wasn't even Zealot back when I originally joined. Well I recently came back and tried using my account. I can't post threads, reply, or even contact other members. Wondering what in the world was happening.

Well anyway I tried contacting my friend from a while past, he tried to contact someone here, no luck. I tried contacting a pretty old member who still frequents and absolutely no luck either. I even posted on the board with this account and NOTHING! You're telling me this board is for the members? Sorry but I'll call it like I see it and this board is sadly and poorly moderated. You can stay if you like it's your choice. If you feel censorship of things that have to do with the particular thread replying to then you're not welcomed either no matter if you have 5k plus posts. Seem you have the same mindset as the Nazi's here.

And clearly from the member who is one of the old school boys at this site even told me about the problems here. I wasn't even aware of it until he told me then I realized it as I was trying to get help. That's why I now have this "new" account because that was the only solution anyone trying to help me could come up since everything else we tried came up completely short.

Can't feel the frustration, then seems like everything just flies right on by you doesn't it? Oh well more of wall1 this on the way for this board.

Supporting a site like this? A joke :cry:

Leave the bureaucracy and join and independent and freely open site at Endless and don't become a martyr to people who feel the need to control others. There's clearly no freedom of speech here. So sad that the first amendment doesn't apply here huh???
  7. The reason you expose are understandable. I can see were your uneasiness has it roots.

I've been a member here for a very short time, and it has taken me several weeks to see how things work here in Z.

I understand (for what I've read in old threads) that there were certain ups and downs (very low downs) in past years. And that this particular forum and its members are still recuperating from that impasse. As in every forum, things (and people) are not perfect, and one has to deal calmly with that.

And as I can see, you are not the only user who has had his account deleted/blocked/problematic because of that storm this forum experienced in the past.

My experience here has not been negative. I've also had a couple of posts moderated and not published. But I don't see it as a "nazi-like" attitude. So I can't understand why you speak of nazis, or censhorship, or freedom of speech* or start judging people for not agreeing with you or for expressing his opinion.

Then, instead of creating a completely new forum out of sheer disappointment with Zealot, why not joining any of the other options? Have you tried Papermodelers? Or you didn't even care about it? Is that other forum also in your black list along with Zealot?

"Tell me what you hate, and I'll tell you what you do" so said someone... Was it Jung? I'm not sure at this moment.

Indeed, Chris.
    Variety is what gives life a flavor. The reasons you mention to belong there are almost my own reasons too.

* "Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like. It protects speech that you don't like." (Ron Jeremy)
  8. By the way, if you are this same Xyberz:

when looking at your 286 posts it looks like you didn't stared any building thread. I may be wrong, and I apologize in advance if I'm misinterpreting things. But besides asking several questions, looking for certain models, and commenting on other threads with that account, it may look as if you didn't really contributed much to the modeling hobby.
    Or if you have contributed to the modeling world, little has been shown in this forum.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

heh heh - this is turning into a pretty funny thread! Not sure who your old school buddy is but he likely isnt more old school than me ;) I was one of the two admins in those days - been here for over 12 years now! You might want to get your facts straight before you decide whats going on here. I would say I am intimately familiar with the situation at hand seeing as how I was Maico's first casualty (without crowdgathers consent mind you as were all of his actions) my account want deleted along with my 15k some odd posts along with many of the other "old schoolers" who put up a word against mr maico. Crowdgather was fairly quick to get rid of him after they found out what he was doing but the damage was done and the site has been healing ever since. Slowly but surely. If I did not believe completely in Ekuth and the current mods I would not be here now. They are always ready and willing to help. Of course if the way you talk here is how you "asked" for help I dont blame them one bit.

Well off to do some more more on my Quentin Roosevelt Nieuport repaint and get some more ideas for the model display at the library coming up here in December. What do you have under your hat to contribute?

I will check in at your site of course to see if it has something to offer. I really hope you do.... anything that helps the hobby is a great thing - this thread is not. If anyone wishes to continue discussion or more info about past or current events give me a shout via pm - I am not a hard person to find.
  10. DarkStryfe

DarkStryfe New Member

Well not trying to say you guys specifically are bad people, but some things are completely ridiculous here.

When I started this new account, I tried posting pictures about the exact subject in the thread and it wasn't approved. Why? It was completely "G" rated and even mother Teresa would've approved.

My reply to Niebla which was kinda detailed, still not approved or not approved at all for telling what the difference between what Zealot and my forum has? What's up with that? There were no pictures at all with that thread.

That's controlling what is posted and what doesn't and if I'm wrong I believe censorship. But I can't even understand why. It's not like those posts were in revolt of anything, especially the one of the Gundam that I wanted to post about.

As for the member who helped me, I searched my join date and he was one of the first according to the stats on this site and I saw he did come here recently so I decided to contact him just randomly. He was incredibly helpful but was not able to find a way for me to reach an admin or moderator either.

This is not how a forum should be run and I'm sorry this site went through some tough times as I was told about what happened in the past.

I created a new forum because I didn't want to have to deal with things like that and I would never allow that to happen, and even if it did it would be something that would be caught right away to minimize any possible damage and not let run rampant.

Plus there are some things that are restricted on here even from the past when I used the site a lot that still are the same today that Endless Paper Modeling won't do. Of course not everyone may agree with the decisions but I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be okay with it.

Not trying to start a flame war with anyone as this is the absolute thing I hate on forums and I'm trying to also avoid. Won't say it'll never happen but it will be monitored for bullying of any members as it's a hobby to enjoy, not one we should end up hating due to the stupidity of others.

Like the saying goes, we all have the right to be stupid sometimes but some people abuse the privilege.

P.S. Just because I didn't post much on here or create my own models didn't mean I didn't contribute. I personally emailed tons of models to people outside this site for stuff that was really really difficult to find and shared with them. Just because there's no statistic for it doesn't mean that it didn't count.
  11. knife

knife Member

Seems to have other problems. I tried to register (currently forum only has two members) and the log-on site says my nick-name is already in use.
  12. DarkStryfe

DarkStryfe New Member

Hey Knife,

Sorry about that. The login is generally for the Aimoo forum site. So it's 1 login for any forum that is on Aimoo. Unfortunately it will have to be an unused name.

It's a free forum site but eventually I'm hoping to move it over to paid and completely isolated from any type of community thing like that.

The site is a little different from other forums that I've seen. Once you register a username with Aimoo you then hit "Join" at the bar at the upper right top part of the screen to join my specific forum itself.
  13. knife

knife Member

Thanks for the information, that helps explain it. I just thought that you guys were being VERY exclusive. :mrgreen:

I think it was Mark Twain who said "I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member."

Just trying to point out items that others may have problems with.
  14. DarkStryfe

DarkStryfe New Member

Thanks! I really appreciate any help with this new infant forum as I'm still learning the ins and outs of it myself.

Working together is how we can build a great forum together not only for us but for everyone who enjoys our hobby!!! :thumb:
  15. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

In keeping with my policy of open speech (polite open speech) I'm going to allow this thread to stand for folks to read.

I am locking it, however. For several reasons, most of which are *not* what you think. Mostly, because it's way off track of its original purpose.

Which itself hedged rather close to violating the no advertising rule. In future, please run any posts announcing the opening of other sites or major events on sites by me first as a courtesy. If there's anything cgutzmer and the others who know me can attest to, it's that I'm pretty easygoing.

I don't mind the site announcement, and everyone is entitled to an opinon as to the events which this forum is recovering from. If you want to discuss troubleshooting for your new forum, please do it via PM or email.

Good luck with your site, I've always held the more people that can learn about our hobby the better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014