empty passenger cars?

Bill Pontin

Think I have too much time on my hands - started making little people for my Santa Fe Valley Line passenger cars. Bought a pack of sitting people and thought I would try and duplicate a few, ya like - maybe a couple of hundred. Only have to mold half people as this is all that is visable through the window of the car. The picture is how I made the mold of my half people. It's a mess because I had just broken the side of the box to remove the rubber mold. Think you will get the idea of how I did it, lined the bottom of a plastic box with modeling clay and pushed the people in half way. Made a mold for 1/2 people left and right sides. Made a clay sprue, not for pouring the plastic but rather for a way to hold the little suckers for painting. Covered the molding material I used in a previous post. (Micro Mark RTV and 10 minute cure plastic.)

Attachments

• mvc-017s.jpg
    mvc-017s.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 232

Bill Pontin

Wait for the glue to dry and put the car top back on, whalla! one full loaded passenger car. Only eight more cars to go.

Attachments

• mvc-015s.jpg
    mvc-015s.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 220
Hi Bill,

By golly Bill I'm retired and don't have that much time on my hands. I will say you done one fine job as they look just beautiful in there little seats. Great job. Ron :D :D ;)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Bill,

Really neat stuff. Takes more patience then I have, but the results are worth the effort.

You have one thing over on Amtrak Seems like you have every seat full.:D Your RR is bound to show a profit:D :D

Don

Tyson Rayles

Due to lack of $$$$$ I bought a pack (125) unpainted n-scale figures and have painted a few. Makes me really appreciate the effort to paint half figures, must less mold em' too! :eek: :D

P

philip

Thats a great idea Bill. And them little people look good! Just don't let Monon Jon splash acetone on em.

philip:)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Wow Bill, you are showing a great HOW TO here. Thanks for showing us your method. Those passenger cars look like they are earning revenue for your railroad.

Bill, that's a super "How To" thread, and deserves to be in the archive.
(Dave Hagan, are you listening? :) :D )

I had to look twice to make sure they weren't HO scale or larger :) . I'm impressed that they show up so well in the coach.

Errol

redracer

Good job !!!! Most passenger cars I have seen leave no room for the figures legs/feet, and it is a shame that no-one makes seated figures with just a torso ... as you cannot see below the waist level though most car windows anyway ....

spitfire

Wow Bill those are great! I have enough trouble painting HO figures - can't imagine the finesse required in N-scale.

Doug, I may be thinking HO here but it seems to me that Preiser makes torso only figures for just that reason.

Okay, I'll get out of here now and back to my own scale forum LOL.

cheers
:D Val

redracer

Originally posted by spitfire
Wow Bill those are great! I have enough trouble painting HO figures - can't imagine the finesse required in N-scale.

Doug, I may be thinking HO here but it seems to me that Preiser makes torso only figures for just that reason.

Okay, I'll get out of here now and back to my own scale forum LOL.

cheers
:D Val

Yes you're right - it's HO only :mad: