Emperor of the North

A # 1

Mar 14, 2007
Rabun Co Ga
Starting a layout base on the movie Emperor of the North. But I need your input. Having trouble with my recearch, Need 2 know a lot more details than I have. HOPE U CAN HELP Anything pre 1933. Shacks train was a 2 8 2 steam I think GreatNorthWestern ?
Im trying 2 keep my layout close to the story line as I can . Starting with Shack highballing out of the yard wright down to the fight at the end.I'll try to keep u all posted. Going to the Train Show this weekend in Gainesvill Ga. Hope to pick up a lot of info there.

THANKS AGAIN

A # 1

GB

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
It was the practice in some movies to letter the equipment with non-existant railroads. I think "Great North Western" is an example here.

Interestingly, Woodland Scenics has "hobos" and "bums" in their Scenic Accents line, as well as "policemen" of course!

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
Good post. You just reminded me to add that movie to my NetFlix queue, which I keep forgetting to do. Thanks. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

BTW, the movie title was originally "Emporer of the North Pole," but it was rereleased as just "Emporer of the North."

A # 1

Mar 14, 2007
Rabun Co Ga
Oregon Pacific and Eastern (OP&E)
Thats more than I had, cool thanks . I though that was a 2 8 2. Those pictures of the 19 r great thanks again. Ill b starting my layout this week after the train show. keep u posted al

GB

A # 1

Mar 14, 2007
Rabun Co Ga
Big plans little room, My layout dim. r 76" x 44" an I got alot happen in there. Still trying to draw my track n, 2 fit all. Getting close so I'll show you when I something 2 show.

GB