Embraer Super Tucano

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Cláudio Dias, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hi folks!

I'm finishing X-Jet (with Skupilkinson) now and we're planning to design the Bumblebee - robot version - from new Transformers movie.

Before I start this new project with him, I'd like to design the Embraer Super Tucano.

It's a single-engine, multi-purpose military turboprop. It offers advanced solutions for training, and also provides the operational characteristics required for internal security operation support and counter-insurgency (COIN) missions.

I'd like to design a simple version - no landing gears, no cockpit - and a full version, including armament.
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

It's nice Claudio.

I like military planes and aircraft in general. Though I couldn't tell one from another in many instances.

I'm sure you'll do a grand job on this as you always do.

You're making Bumble Bee public knowledge? Cool, I'll start a thread on it if you like? Unless you'd prefer to have the honors?

3. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you Skip! :mrgreen:

I think we can make it public. You can start the thread. I've already have the honors once you asked me to join you in this project!
  4. Master-Bruce

Cool. I'll start the thread. Even though it's early days, I'm sure there'll be a few who get excited by it.

I've not seen a plane designed by you before except for the X-Jet. Have you been converted to aviation now?? :)
  5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I'd Love to see this one :-D
  6. David H

David H Member

Cool aircraft, I can see them fly from my window...

7. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I've designed the Embraer Phenom 100 and Phenom 300, however I didn't make them available. Not enough time to prepare the instructions...
  8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Really? Where are you?
  9. David H

David H Member

They are RAF Tucao trainers in rural North Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

10. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Sorry David, I didn't notice you are from UK. I thought you were from US
  11. Master-Bruce

Hey Claudio. How's it going with this? I'm about to email you too. :)
  12. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Do you guys remember a thread about transparent canopies?

Thank you in advance!
  13. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

14. Master-Bruce

I may have todownload that. Could be an interesting mod for a BSG ship we'll be doing.

Have you made any progress on this one Claudio?
  15. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Not yet... I think I'll start it in a few days.

I must focus on our Airship:twisted:
  16. Master-Bruce

Ok. Just waiting on the reference now. Also, I've made the first cut on the Tumbler parts sheet.:twisted: Wish me luck!:lol:
  17. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

No doubts you will be doing a nice job! Good luck!!!:thumb:
  18. Alcides

Alcides Member

This is great.

I think the training aircraft are one of "forgotten" by the designers. More if they are south american wings.

Just curious, Do you find a good 3d view of Tucano?

I was looking for 3d views of this plane for a long time but I don't have luck.

19. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I'm using the ones you can get at Embraer's website...
  20. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Good luck indeed... that tumbler is next on my list (upscaled double size) so I don't need to tell you how much i'm looking forward to seeing pics of your build. :D

Back to the Tucano... the shape of that plane looks very familiar. Without looking up reference photo's, it looks a lot like the Machi trainer that the RAAF uses. I'm not sure if they still use them for training, but our Roulettes still use it (The Roulettes are the Australian equivalent of the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, etc).

Ok, so just before posting I had a bit of a search and it seems they don't use the Machi anymore, but the plane they're flying does indeed still look like the Tucano :D

The Roulettes aerobatic team: Royal Australian Air Force