Embedding images in posts??

anubis51

Little Loco
Hello there,

I would like to add a new thread to the On30 forum, telling of how I became involved in the scale. I have everything worked out, and the pix are also ready.

My problem is - how do I 'embed' the various pix at the several required places in my posting? :confused:

Uploading them is not a problem, it's only getting them into the correct places. Currently, they all want to clump together in a bunch.wall1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:(

lehcyfer

When editing post click
insertimage.gif
icon - you'll get asked for address of your picture - paste it in and click OK - you'll get something like:
Code:
[IMG]address.of.picture[/IMG]

If you don't want your pictures 'clumped' then instead placing them one right after another:
Code:
[IMG]address.of.picture1[/IMG][IMG]address.of.picture2[/IMG]
insert a space between them (they will accomodate to the width of the screen width like a line of text does):
Code:
[IMG]address.of.picture1[/IMG] [IMG]address.of.picture2[/IMG]
or put them each in new line - then they will be one under another:
Code:
[IMG]address.of.picture1[/IMG]
[IMG]address.of.picture2[/IMG]

anubis51

Little Loco
Hi lehcyfer,

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that the pix are located on my computer, and the text box is asking me for a URL, commencing with "http://" as a default. Isn't that used as a designator for websites?

Please forgive my ignorance, but how do I enter a URL that links to the folder in my computer?:confused::confused:

Most appreciated...:wave:

:)

Wojtee

"...but how do I enter a URL that links to the folder in my computer?"

You don´t , that´s it ;)

You have to upload your image to some image hoster (Imageshack, for instance), and link images from there. These even make the forum links for you, you only Copy/Paste the links in your post.

Or you can attach images to your post directly from your PC using the "Manage Attachments" button (available in the advanced message editing window). Only registered users will be able to see the attachment then.

burneggroll

4docwhosmiley.gif
I like http://www.photobucket.com
Free, fast, huge storage, image editor, allows indexing.
crazycrowd.gif
t57017.gif
Supports slide shows and small videos too.

Formatting image layout can be tough without the use of HTML. :thumb: I suggest you practice by inserting Smilies included here
smilie.gif
and in the sidebar of Advanced editor.