Elmer's School Glue????

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by johnflys2, Jul 15, 2007.

1. johnflys2

johnflys2 Member

Is there a difference between Elmer's regular and school glue. I see in the adds in todays paper that Elmer's 4 oz school glue is 4 for a buck.
    I know that's a good price but what about the school glue? Has anybody used it before? Is it better or worse? The same? John
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

if it is the Elmer's Glue-All, then 4 for a buck is great deal

i find the school glue, put out by anyone to be of a poorer quality, i know when i worked for Office Depot, we sold school glue by Roseart, had to clean up the spill when someone with a loaded cart ran over one, i thought it smelled bad, and looked chunky, whereas the Elmer's was and still is nice and smooth, and do not have a smell to it.

3. shrike

shrike Guest

The school glue has less binder and more fillers in it. The main criteria are that it is even less water proof for easier clean up, and even more non-toxic (?) so that when little Billy decides togulp down the bottle, there's...also less clean-up.

Walmart out here has the regular Glue-All 5/$1 in there back to school bins. Often retailers will mix the good stuff and the school glue in the same bin, so it's good to look.

Similarly, the Elmer's glue stick has a nice feel to it and sticks pretty well, but the washable "School" stick is only one step above hope and prayer for adhesion.