electric or nitro

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by WESTSIDERIDER310, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey i was wondering which type of plane is better for a novice. Electric or nitro powered planes.
  2. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

definitaly a nitro powered plane can get you goin with the elctric you must worry about weight alot but electrics are ok but in my opinion go nitro, better quality and alot eairsier to fix after that crash than it is with foam. and more power:D
  3. wtb3886

wtb3886 New Member

WESTSIDERIDER310: When you say Novice how much RC Airplane stick time do you have so far? As far as Glow or Electric that depends on what you want to use, if you are after speed then I would say Glow. It really depends on what you want to do in RC as to which direction you take and it also depends on the amount of stick time that you have aquired.
  4. To tell you the truth I really don't have any airtime. I have played on simulators a lot but really haven't flown. I bought a plane a while ago but was scared to crash and found myself not really doing much with it. I bought it for $300 and it was nitro powered. But then I sold it to my brother in law and now I am considering buying one a little smaller. The one I bought was pretty big. Now I am considering an electric park flier to learn how to fly then later go and buy a nitro powered one. Again I have played with a simulator and don't really crash. I think I am pretty good but then again it is a simulator and I am not sure how realistic that thing is.
  5. I was looking at the at-6 texan that plane is nice. It looks a little unstable but nice. anyone know anything about that plane.
  6. oliver

oliver New Member

The At-6 Texan is a similar or derivitive design of a Harvard (Old South African Airforce trainer).This plane has very nice looks but is not recomended for a novice guy.They r fairly tricky to fly for a novice , but i do agree that they look very nice.

Electric Planes r fun to fly but their r many factors that u have to look at when trying electric Planes,like savage said , and I think anybody needs some stick time before attempting to fly one of them.Nitro is definitly the best choice.More POWER and more fun anyways.
  7. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Most of the e powered planes are small and made of foam to keep the weight down. Unfortunatly thus makes them fragile, hard to repair, and easily blown around in windy conditions. Either way you should seek out an RC flying club. The RC fields have lots of room to fly in a safe area and instruction is usually free and cheerfully offered. Learning to fly with an instructor will save your plane and expenses. Its also a nice way to meet new friends with similiar interests.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.