Ehrhardt E-V/4 armored car

I was surfing for images of WWI armored cars last week, and I came across a black and white jpeg of an E-V/4. It was a partially completed, simple card model! For a couple of days I attempted to find out who designed the model, but came up empty. I decided to carry it forward myself using Photoshop. I reduced the size of the rivets, added a hatch or two, and detailed the front end. After computer coloring and weathering, it was time to start building. I finished the basic body last night, and I'm really happy with it. It's in the neighborhood of 1/45th to 1/48th scale. There are a few more details to be drawn up and added, but it's 95% complete. The wheels on the jpeg are very basic 2D images. I'll be layering them to come up with a more 3D representation. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to about axles and drive train. More to come........

Ehrhardt10.jpg

Ehrhardt9.jpg

Ehrhardt11.jpg

Z

Zathros

This, like all of your models, looks great! I look forward to it's completion. :)

Many thanks for your kind remarks, fellas. I added the machine guns the other day, and am still working on the wheels. Unfortunately, I sliced my thumb pretty deeply this morning (not due to card modeling), and am afraid I'll bleed all over any modeling projects. I'm going to let it heal up a bit overnight, and will wear a surgical glove on that hand for a couple of days while working on models.

The machine guns look ok at 1X, but in closeup I really don't like the squared off muzzles. I'll probably break them off, and add small rolled paper tubes.

Ehrhardt12.jpg

Ehrhardt13.jpg

More to come....

Z

Zathros

This is a beautifully executed model. What more could be said? :)