egine slow to resond

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc-crazy, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc-crazy

rc-crazy New Member

hey im looking for some help her i have a rs4 3 ss and ive done a good 20-25 tanks already until one day i messed around with the carberater settings and messed it up. now when i give it full gas it takes about a seond to repond ( reb up to full) if any one has an idea or if its to lean or rich lz answer back

2. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

I would reccomend putting your needles back to factory settings and go from there.
  3. take the air filter off so you can see the gap in the carb. There sould be around mm of a gap at idle.
  4. rc-crazy

rc-crazy New Member

i tried puttting the needle back to factory setting when ii noticed that it was at factory setting so ill try the otherpersond idea
    if there are any more ideasplz send them
  5. that would be a very good Idea
  6. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Canadian racers right. Check your manual and see how many turns from closed the needles are at factory settings. Then slowy adjust the high speed needle first, when your top speed is good without overheating adjust your lowspeed needle. good luck thats all I got. use adjustments of only one hour on the clock face when adjusting needles.
  7. Set your low speed needle before you set your high speed needle.
  8. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

no the other way around danny... you need to set the high speed first thats what every manual and mag ive read has said. If you do it the other way youll have problems getting the fine tuning right.
  9. rc-crazy

rc-crazy New Member

ok i looked at the manual and it says when its slow to respond lean it out by 1/8 turns i did that and it works fine thanxs for helpin me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.