Effective Immediately Re; Picture Photo uploads

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Rule 12: All Photos or Pictures, drawings, etc. must be uploaded directly to the forum. We have too many threads with links that are dead or link to forums you must be a member of to see. Posts with blanked out pictures will be deleted. This is effective immediately. With our generous photo uploading, 10 huge pics per post, as many posts as you need, there is no reason not to use the extremely simple system we have. You do not have to wait for a picture to finish uploading before you start uploading another pic. If you choose "Thumbnail", the picture will displayed at it's full size if a member clicks on the thumbnail. Please comply with this. Go back and clean up any post yu have with a blanked image because I am going to start deleting these.

We have had a large influx of excellent members who may not realize, that unlike many forums, we have a generous Photo/picture policy, as this forum is based on Pictures of models being built. We offer a generous 10 HUGE pictures per post, and as many posts as you need. If is a simple system to use, if you choose "Thumbnail", when a member click on the small pic, the large one will appear, right clicking open in new Window works faster.

We have posts that are somewhat recent and the pictures are gone. I will be deleting these threads within one week as I come across them, so go back and add the pics in the manner listed above. I do not want members, as one of our esteemed members found recently,m a thread with ever single picture blanked out on what must have been 20 posts. That is unacceptable,and is a slap in the face to all the other people who use the system the way it is set up. I know of many forums that have asked me to join, but I don't because they will not host pictures. If you link to another forum, most of the time, that forum requires that you be a member to see the pics. We do. However, anyone with a Facebook account can come in and look around, and I do not want a sloppy forum with threads that are full of words and no pics.

Resistance is futile. borg.gif

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I have to agree. There is nothing worse than a thread without pics. Just like as if you visit the Louvre and see a piece of paper describing how beautiful the Mona Lisa is instead of seeing the real picture.

Reactions: lyter1958

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Non ccompliance, in this case, is kind a, "Borgeoius" do whatever I want mentality. Heh Heh Heh. ;) "

Reactions: Cybergrinder

retunga

Designer
Jan 15, 2012
Planet Earth
www.watch_this_space.com
I have just read the thread, and that is fine by me :King: but, I do not want to sound a bite funny here or dumb here, but how and where does one go to upload photo's ?

I can see in my profile that there is gallery of what has been uploaded, but here is the upload options?

R

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Pictures uploaded as thumbnail to the formu are realy slow to view for me. When I click on them to view it it takes like 10 seconds before they appear. Maybe it is waiting to download all images in post before it can show them? My internet conection is wery good. Has anyone the same problem or is it only me?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I suppose to view one picture the browser has to (pre-)load all of them first in order to increase display speed when you click through the whole lot of them. This might cause the delay. Just a theory though.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
what I do is take the biggest pixel picture I can, and then I reduce it by percentage to 10% in ms paint. then upload it. unless they require some kind of micro profile pic this works fine. here is an example. these are about 5'' long models. rom dd (1).JPG

Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This is a visual forum. Right click "Open to new tab" and the pictures pop up instantly. Be patient, it's the nature of the beast. The pictures must be uploaded directly, or the thread will be deleted. Threads full only of words are useless.:blueface:

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Thanks for "Open to new tab" workaround Zathros, I will use that. Just because this is visual forum image viewing functionality sould be optimized to be as fast as posible experience. I understand that there is no possibility to set up diferent behaviour. You have only what programers gave you.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Thank You for that understanding. This is relatively New Software, so new features may be around the bend. Understanding is always appreciated, and you are a great member, your view on everything shows you are an intelligent, understanding person. Thanks. :)

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
image.jpeg OOPS... I just found this thread. I'll try to fix my two threads that just have links to the photos. Now to figure out how to find them to upload them.

OK, I think I figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Remember, you do not have to wait for a picture to load before you start loading the next. By clicking on a line, you can put the pictures where you wish, the picture goes to where you click it, then you enlarge one at a time.. It can form some very interesting posts, if you take a few minutes. :)

Martinus

Dec 6, 2008
Ireland
There are some sites that use a script to copy the images to a local folder then modify the links in the user's post to point to the local image.

Only issue is copyright but the addition of a disclaimer is pretty straightforward.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Copyrighted images are not the issue here. It is the work from the models you assemble. When I post a picture of a particular glue I like to use, I download that picture then upload it to the forum. I doubt very much that the manufacturer of that glue is going to object to having a forum of 50,000 people looking at their glue being recommended positively, free of advertising fees. If a picture were uploaded, and someone demonstrated that they as a person or corporation held the copyright, and objected, then it would be taken down. That however is not the concern of any member of this forum. That's what I take care of. It's kind of hard to imagine a scenario in which that could happen, and as mentioned, a disclaimer usually takes care of that.

Nope, no picture links, as the links go dead, and I guarantee you, they do, I will delete the thread (or post, if it is just a post in an otherwise good thread). It is a disservice to the rest of the membership who meticulously create excellent build threads, for a thread to turn into a long bunch of words stringed together describing who knows what.

Reactions: subnuke