EDI/UCAV Drawing

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by seakrakken, Jan 2, 2008.

1. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

Many have probably seen this drawing already from the movie Stealth.
    This is an extracted drawing from the downloaded screen saver from SONY.
    I put the drawing in negative so that the lines of the 3-view could be more easily seen.
    Can anyone here use this to make a paper model?

Attached Files:

2. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

i wish i'd had this when i did my drawing of it
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Nice, are you planning on making a kit?
  4. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

isn't the official paper model of the EDI also downloadable from Sony? i think someone here has already made that one and showed a photo in one of the threads
  5. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

i think that was a fan produced one...very simplified
  6. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

I remember the download from Sony was a very simplistic model. Not very satisfying compared to the level of work I've seen done by the Pros on this board. I don't know how to make a paper model yet. It would be quite a learning curve to make one of the UCAV. I'm not even certain if this drawing is adequate. With that all said I will look in to trying to figure this out. Any help from the Masters would be very appreciated.

ARMORMAN Guest

Complex curves lead to interesting parts. I've been working on the Talon for almost 2 years (on and off) now. Who ever is going to try to make this, please PM me.
  8. Paladin

Paladin Member

I just sent you a PM. The line drawing you posted there may really help.
  9. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

I did some more digging and was able to get a slightly better resolution on the image. I hope this may be of some help.
    The original is a shockwave format and the file extension is .swf
    If anybody wants they can PM me with their email address and I will send them the original file

Attached Files:

10. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

Me thinks the server don't like large pics. The pic below is a link to the 1024x768 pixel file.
  11. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

i heard of a japanes 3ds to papercraft converter software, forgot the name, but it is good for those who only have a 3d model of it.

i hope someone here knows it.
    i got a Talon 3d model, from zur-tech.com.....
  12. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

You have a 3DS of the Talon? What about the EDI pictured above?

ARMORMAN is currently designing a papermodel of the Talon, a nice model of the EDI would be nice! :)
  13. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Does anyone have or know where I can get a pic like this EDI, but with the Talon on it? It could make an amazing wallpaper! I prefer the style of the Talon over the EDI. always liked swing-wings.
    Great find btw seakrakken!
  14. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

whoa that would be a nice prop for the desk!

AFAIK, someone on combatace.com was making a model for MSFS 2k, and later on for Wing over europe.

if you want to spin around at mach 3 in a simulated talon, then get wings over europe and download!!!
  15. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

does anyone have a good model of this plane? i've been looking for this plane but found no joy. hope someone designs this:D
  16. Moorkey

Moorkey New Member

The software is called Pepakura designer.
  17. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

does anyone have the official model from the sony website? Thanks:D
  18. Paladin

Paladin Member

I can send it to you, just send me a PM with your email address.