edge coloring pens

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by chickenhawk, Aug 7, 2007.

1. chickenhawk

chickenhawk New Member

I found some pens that are great for coloring the edges of paper models. These puppies don't bleed or run. The brand name is Y&C FabricMate. As the name implies the're made for fabric. I bought mine at JoAnne Fabrics for $1.99
    They come in many colors, have a pointed tip and don't smell. For what its worth.....chickenhawk
  2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Thanks for the tip - I'll check those out, it makes sense that frabric pens would not run:thumb:
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Definitely sounds worth checking out! Thanks for the tip!

4. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Someone the other day was talking about grey Sharpies. He said he loved them but that Sharpie had stopped making them.
    A couple of weeks ago, I saw a Target add for a 25 color pack of Sharpies for $10. I've been drooling over those pens for awhile, but given how little time I can devote to modeling, I couldn't justify spending $18 on them.
    So, a few days later I found myself at Target, looking at the pens. Unfortunately, they had been at that price for only one day. I stood there for a bit, knowing I was going to go ahead and spend the $18 when I noticed the 36 color pack of acid free, fine point permanent markers made by Bic. For only $1 more than the Sharpies.
    I went home happy. And, for whoever it was that liked grey Sharpies, there's a grey marker in there.