Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wyverns4, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

30 pages!!! Holy Moly!!!

I better get more ink now, especially since I want to do all the versions as well!

2. zecks

zecks Member

yeah i was a bit stunned when i went to go print it out because it didnt look like that much on the computer. this thing does use up alot of black ink. it may not look like it at first but when you are about half way done you may notice a difference.

i am not going to make any promises for this and this may be totaly unrealistic but i have the tenacity to shoot for a 25 in ed-209 model
  3. zecks

zecks Member

crazy enough the 2 foot tall ed-209 model seems to be feasable enough to actualy fit on paper. however something like this would be insane to build and would cost some money. 1 lower leg has taken 6 pages.

if you could get a 2 foot tall model on standard paper imagine what you could get at kinkos with larger prints. the thought of a 1/1 scale ed-209 model no longer seems as distant as it once was

i think i am going to release the original scale first and leave the larger scale out for a separate release. since its pretty much going to be an experimental model and i dont see it getting built any time soon. so i am going to focus my efforts on the original scale get that released and then we can talk about a larger one.
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I think I better start looking for some ink cartridges.

The 2 foot model would be excellent. But I am running out of room now.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I am sure the larger version would need significant reinforcement in the way of formers.
    That would require a seperate design, anyway.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I know I can get 11x17 in laser color at Staples ... it's $1.50/sheet.

A 2 foot model would be hillarious.
  7. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

Hey Zecks!

It looks great! I'm anxious to try the standard size version you will release soon.

A 2 foot tall ED-209! That would be too cool! A few mods to make it motorized, ie. the body turn back and forth on the chassis, a PC board with speaker inside to give it a voice, wow! What a showstopper!

A 1:1 version to park in the driveway, now that would rock. Hook it up to a motion sensor and have it come to life when someone gets to near! Hilarious!

Good job!

8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Release the model

You have 10 seconds to comply...

9. ulious

ulious Member

Would you consider blank release also? It sure would save on ink for a test build.
    I'm really looking forward to building it but I would like to practice before I blow out a couple of inks! :)

By the way , did I forget to say your model looks cool as can be!
  10. zecks

zecks Member

yeah a blank template would not be a problem
  11. Zecks:

I hope that sometime you will make the mech's that you had on the Mechwarrior site available. I was looking forward to trying to build a few of those. I've been around wargaming since '68 so I remember when Battletech(R) came out.

I'm sure that there are others here who would like to get them as well. You do good work!

Tom W.
  12. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

page count nahhh no problem

If Your worried about how much ink and paper your gonna need maybe you
    aught to think about reducing all your models.
    I do my models 2 ways. First I build it at original size and then if the detail
    doesn't show that much I blow it up till it does show good detail.
    I have 2 models pending on the side that has anywhere from 45 to 48 pages
    at original size. Those would be Sleeping Beauty's castle by Disney and the
    other is Tower Of Terror at Disney. even the instructions take up to 48 pages.

I also built Yamahas Motorcycles at twice the size of original scale.

As for the gentleman that want's to mechanize his model to guard his house
    you may want to concider army navy surplus for some firepower to keep the
    door to door sales people away. But I doubt if the paper would hold out
    because of the weight or recoil.

I'm ready to build it no mater what size our favorite designer decides to make
    it. Bring it on.

13. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hey zecks hows the 209 goin?? still good i hope. looking forward to the nodel.
  14. zecks

zecks Member

15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great many thanks, zecks, for all your work!

Fantastic job!

16. zecks

zecks Member

you are welcome, everything i promissed before is in this release. im not going to be very active on this board for a while. i may pop on once in a while. I need to focus on my mechwarrior projects.
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I can understand that.
    This was a big project and you didn't leave anything out!

I also must boast that I downloaded first!:twisted:
    Each file I downloaded said that there were zero views!
    Some times insomnia pays off!:grin:

18. zecks

zecks Member

the ed-209 model should have said 1 view, you can disreguard that because that was me testing the link. So yes you are the first to download it. but will you be the first to complete one?
  19. zecks

zecks Member

oh also on the lower legs near the red triangle there are some fold lines that go across the leg dont bother folding those they were a mistake.
  20. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Cool. Thank you for putting the time into this project.

A big thumbs up to you.