Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wyverns4, Jul 23, 2006.

1. zecks

zecks Member

here is an update on the progress of ed-209 i textured the back and the little shoulder flaps as well as the knee caps

Attached Files:

2. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

I've got tons of 3d models in to high of a detail for typical card model usage. But excellent detail fro designing the version within 3ds or rhino or whatever. Excellent reference material and I have them stored in my wish list folders and slow but surely start working on them. I wil be posting some of my designs here before too long but modst of them still in to ugly a form to be beta build worthy yet. And instructions being worked on by the few that I have asked to aid with the beta builds. Just ask I may have something for you or anyone that asks.

By the ways zecks nice work! But I wouldn't expect anything else from having worked with your past designs. Nice detail graphics. I asked this of someone else just recently but would like to ask you. As it seems that they are taking a while to respond. any chance of possibly getting you to post a tutorial guid on your build process at all? I'm a very ametuer designer and would like some guidance from other more experienced members. Just wondering. Just trying to better myself at this and hopefully be able to provide others with something rather than taking so much.

By the way on the commander pod I wass wrong I posted years old it shows that on the zip file I pulled it out of but the machine it was on had bad bios battery. So dates all messed up. I found a date of 05/29/06 4:47 am on the pdo file inside of it. Just wanted to correct myself.
  3. zecks

zecks Member

thank you for the compliment but i am not putting 100% into this model because it was something i wanted to do quick for fun and was originally just for kicks. but since i am a fan of ed-209 im surprised i didnt do this sooner. as for putting up a tutorial, sure. i can make a tutorial for modeling, texturing and compiling a pdo and or also on making the model by using only screenshots.

about the officer pod i knew something was odd when you said few years old. I see you stopped your sdf-1 project according to your sig. i too am working on an sdf-1 right now. maybe i will post some progress pics of it soon.
  4. zecks

zecks Member

also the best way to get a hold of me is by yahoo messenger. you can send a message to me at warhawk009 and i can give you some techniques and tools to help create models. what high poly models do you have? maybe i can make some paper models of them.
  5. Gearz

Gearz Member

Your ED is looking great Zecks ~ "I'd build that for a dollar".. Here's a ED 209 link worth a look, got some good pix + blueprints + info etc !!

ED's 20 second line (wav file)

Hi Bad Scorpion Got a model / anything on the Leonov from the movie 2010 ?
  6. zecks

zecks Member

thanks for the link, i did run into that and saved some of the pics as reference images
  7. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Yes I do, I'm not sure what the file extension format is. As this was given to me and never opened it. All the other models I have for the odyssey series are in max or 3ds but tis one is in *.msh. Not sure what to use for it. I'll try to find out from the author he is a friend of mine.
  8. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Ed 209

Hi Zecks,

I really admire your ED 209, please take your design to the finished Card Model stage. I once had the Horizon Vinyl model and stupidly sold It when desperate for cash once. I too would love a model again.

9. zecks

zecks Member

thanks modelnutz7 i tend to finish what i start so dont worry about it not getting completed, trust me i want to see this thing get built to. as for your horizon model im sorry i hear. i have a horizon model to that is up in my closet and has been there. funny enough i have been too lazy to use it for references so i just scoured the internet for pics and found some suitable ones. this model will be fairly large insize im shooring for about 9 to 10 inches tall. not quite as big as the horizon one but it will have a few features that the horizon model didnt have.
  10. zecks

zecks Member

here is the latest update i decided to try a little something with this next progress pic and i think i have decided that i will do more than 1 skin for ed-209. i have in mind doing the standard gunmetal grey, a "snow white" skin, a battle damage skin and also an urban cammo skin. hope to have this model done soon.

Attached Files:

11. zecks

zecks Member

without the damage effect

Attached Files:

12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have a 1/6 scale robocop (aprox 12 inch's high), it's not a paper/card model though. Have you any idea what scale your ed209 is. Happy new year to everybody.
  13. zecks

zecks Member

im not sure but your robocop im sure is bigger. i was going to make the model around 10 inches tall and i dont think it will be to scale with your 12 inch figure. that means the ed-209 model would need to be about 2 feet tall for it to be to scale. you may be able to blow up the template when its released
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

The robocop figure I have is a vinyl figure, that I bought a couple of months after the first film came out at the cinema. I may have the scale wrong, but I know he is 12 inch's high, just measured him.

A 24 inch tall ED209, that would be ok with me, as I have just built a 18 inch(approx) tall marvin the martian.

Your build is looking good though.
  15. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

Please let me know when your ed-209 is done my son wanted a model
    and I can't seem to tell him there ain't one anywhere.

Thank you
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

'Release this model' *ka-CHUNK!* 'you have 20 seconds to comply'

17. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Beleive me when it's ready it will be worth the wait. I can vouch for his work, not that I need to. The models vouch for themselves. But, I have to agree I'm a little anxious myself to get this one.

'Release this model' *ka-CHUNK!* 'you have 15 seconds to comply'

'Release this model' *ka-CHUNK!* 'you have 10 seconds to comply'

'Release this model' *ka-CHUNK!* 'you have 5 seconds to comply'

'Release this model' *ka-CHUNK!* 'I am now authorized to use deadly force!'

'BOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!' from robocops assault cannon *BOOOOOOOOOMMMM* ZZZZZTTTT* ZZZZZTTT* from the upper waist point on what is now left of ED 209 * whir, whir whir * before the legs fall over.:-D :-D :-D :-D

I just had to! I know the text is probably off a bit since I haven't seen the move in years. But you get the point, hope you don't mind me using your text Stev0.
  18. zecks

zecks Member

thank you for the compliments. i apreaciate all of your interest and support. i aplogize if i have been a little busy but i will get back to the model as soon as i can. i went back and redesigned a few things. a couple features this model will have are joints. the model will be poseable with moving body, arms and legs. for those of you who built my mechwarrior models this will have the same type of joint setup. plus i am including an extra set of longer knee braces that can be fitted into holes through the upper leg that allow it to slide up and down along the knee braces for the model to walk exactly like ed-209 would walk in the movie. in addition to the battle damage skin i am making for ed-209 i am also going to include an optional damaged arm part to complete the effect. my goal is to have this all done and released by the 15th of january
  19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that sounds fantastic!
    I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
    I'm counting the days!

20. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Here here!!!

Been wanting this model for a while and the fact that Zecks is the one doing it makes it a real bonus.

This is going to be good:twisted: