Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wyverns4, Jul 23, 2006.

1. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

next in upgrading Zeck's ED-209

Head assembly customized. A large piece of cardboard is glued under the center body piece for better rigidity, then a box that slides in hip. Again, this to have finished model easy to unmount for stock and transport. Thin paper covering will be glued later on the "accordeon" for final effect.

2. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

test fit ED-209

Test fit of components.

"Other models have twenty seconds to leave the bench. RRRRrrrroaaarrr!"

3. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

I bow to you Zecks!!!!

Absolutely superb!!!!! Definately one to build.

This one might even coax my bro into having a go.....:-D

Very best regards

4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

You really need to do a build thread and show us all how you built these extras!
    Your workmanship is fantastic!

5. zecks

zecks Member

one of the things i like about designing paper models is seeing every ones crazy modifications and customs. awesome job on the details.
  6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I too would love to see the detils explain/published for when I build one of the alternate paint jobs...
  7. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

upgrading Zeck's ED209

No big deal in those details, really.
    With those schematics, you can see that we have the most basic volume development, and cylinders are made by rolling paper on a metal rod, keeping it wet with glue all along the proccess. Some modellers know rolling paper as the classic "worm technique". Without pulling the paper cylinder away from the metal rod, thus avoiding it being flattened, you roll it under an x-acto blade to cut the right lenght, ad details by rolling additional lenghts of strip around it, and finally pull your finished part away from metal rod and put it on your model.

By the way, this schematic is NOT to scale. OK, you knew it.

8. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

reference pics

For details improvement, I have found several close view of the movie prop here.

CAUTION: the more you watch it, the more you want to rebuild your model...

9. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

great build

:-D Mr zecks,

You did a wonderful job on your design the only things that trew me was the hex parts rather than rounded. especially the joints I like to give the effect that you can rotate parts like the head should be able to rotate on the body as well the body should rotate up and down at the hips. I built the model as you made it with no major problems at all. It was a great design and a little boy's mouth dropped when he entered the room and saw it for the first time.

I thank you for your effort it is great as I said.

Thank you,

10. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

11. Kjev

Kjev Member

hUNTING ed-209

Ok, I'm young (sorta), I'm bold (when I'm not terrorized). I've got scissors and glue. I'll give it a shot. Where do I get the files?

12. Kjev

Kjev Member

Thanks Zecks!

Wow, Mechwarrior, Ed-209, you are the king!
    If you had the Marauder available, I'd call you a God! (Still hunting)

Thanks for the links to Ed.

Kjev (aka Storm on the MW3 forum)
  13. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

with paper scissors and glue in hand go get it

Hi guy,

if you look into page 154 of this thread you will find the links to the completed model.

have fun I did.

14. GyverX

GyverX Member

15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Thanks. I got them! now to get the printer fixed . . .

16. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Super model buddy. The textures are spot on! I'll be putting this on my list when I get a new printer.
  17. Just_because

Just_because Member

Well I finally finished it. What a great model; one of my favorite mecha by the way. I decided not to do anything "fancy" to it due to my lack of free time but here it is nevertheless!

Attached Files:

18. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Nice build JC! :)
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I need one of those for my country place. Nice job.

"Halt advance and be recognized"
  20. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Nice!! And I like all the KISS memorabelia (sp?) in the background...