Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wyverns4, Jul 23, 2006.

1. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

Does anyone know of a paper model kit, either for dowload or comercialy available of the ED-209 from the original Robocop movie?

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Someone better make one ... 'They have 20 seconds to comply' *Bzzz* *clik*
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

TWE that is not ED209 from the movie, the one in movie was much like an At-St but with a different head and a lot smaller. I have been looking for a model of this since I got into the hobby, I really can't wait for someone to make it, and then of course a Robocop to go with it.
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

6. thewoodengraver

the pics on the page do not reflect the page, the page was "saved as" to duplicate website continuity and this page is under construction,the image shown is Samus Aran from Metroid (another hopeful). how many ed-209's were there? 1, and this is it.
  7. rwguess

rwguess Member

amazing i cant find that page anywhere on the website
    are you some type of hacker? lol

8. thewoodengraver

I am not a hacker, I have a brain, I USE it,see this example of how to "SCOUR' websites;

turn this;
    into this;
    then this;
    then this;
    then this;

using this technique you can find many "hidden" things

edit: okay, my example did not show well, basically remove text to nearest forward slash in succession until you have hit the domain.
  9. Texman

Texman Guest

Not enough coffee this morning Phil?
  10. thewoodengraver

I'm trying to escape "book authoring stress", it isn't working...
  11. zecks

zecks Member

im working on an ed-209 model

Attached Files:

12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Looks like you captured the design perfectly and kept the polycount down as well.
  13. zecks

zecks Member

here is an update on the model working on it as we speak

Attached Files:

14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Sooo Cool!

I've been waiting a long time for this as well!

Textures look great!

15. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

By the way if anyone else wants to try building a detailed version of ed 209 I hvave a highly detailed 3d model available to anyone wishing to take it on.
  16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

A digital one?

Watchya...., watchya...., watchya got???

17. zecks

zecks Member

thank you for all the compliments. i dont think this model is quite as accurate as the sculpted models or figures. i am doing my best to keep the build to a medium where its not too hard and not too easy. when i am completed with the model i will share it with the community for every one to enjoy. i originally started the model for my self but since other people seemed to have had a request for it i will make it so. the feet are pretty much done. the model will be complete with moveable arms legs and torso like my mechwarrior models.

Attached Files:

18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Looking pretty darn good too!:yep:

Thanks for sharing it! I am definately in line for a copy!:grin:

19. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Amazed it's not been done yet!

I too have been wanting an ED-209, in fact on my computer I have a folder - "Papermodels".

In this folder I have have subfolders for different genres, and one folder is called "Wanted" where I have a wish list of folders for models that I want and may at some point have a go at designing if no-one gets there first :wink:

In there I have a folder ED-209 :-D

It's a little way down on my list of "need badly" kits, but it's still there waiting for a kit to be out in it :wink:

20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I have a detailed one and I confess... the thing doesnt seem modeled very well. Like the pic you see I posted above.