Ebay rant

65GASSER

ezdays said:
I agree, they do. The height of bureaucracy was when I closed a post office box and turned in the key. I was due one dollar refund for the key deposit so the guy made out a money order for a dollar, he said he wasn't allowed to give me the refund in cash. He then handed it to me, and said, "would you like me to cash that for you?".... Duhhhh, I said, "yeah, would you need some ID to do that?"

That just beats all man. sign1

Wingnut15

Well I must be the lucky one on E-Bay. I have bought a lot of model rairoad stuff and some real steals on E-Bay and have not had a problem with any seller except one. He something called a "penny sale" where all the items listed start for bids at $0.01. He also had ship cost of $10.00. Well as you can guess I got several of the items and got stuck with the $10 ship on each one, no combined shipping. I thought that was odd, but lesson learned. They cars I got were still a good deal. As for PayPal, I try NOT to buy anything from anybody unless they take PayPal. PayPal insures the purchase so you are safer. It has got to be a special item or a really great deal for me not to use PayPal. Just my 2 cents worth.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
ezdays said:
I agree, they do. The height of bureaucracy was when I closed a post office box and turned in the key. I was due one dollar refund for the key deposit so the guy made out a money order for a dollar, he said he wasn't allowed to give me the refund in cash. He then handed it to me, and said, "would you like me to cash that for you?".... Duhhhh, I said, "yeah, would you need some ID to do that?"
Your tax dollars are hard at work!
Good to know the government is on the ball. :D

Gil Finn

You are right but some dont read all that. some read nothing at all I think, they just click and go.

If you want paid, then give him your address, that is easier than hassleing with relisting and feed back.

I will say this, I read feed back.

If a guy has 7negatives in a year out of 500 feed backs, there must be a reason, I can tell when a crack pot leaves trash but if they are all for late paymnets or late shipping I move on. If there is a patern, there is a problem.

I read one guys feed back where some buyer left 6 bad feedbacks all differnt and spaced apart, all with profanity. Those meant nothing.

There is no reason for either.

iBut i I pay with pay pal at the close of an auction why should I expect the seller to take 8 days to mail my stuff?

I am dealing with this situation now. Since it is Christmas however the dealer must be busy so I am over looking it.

65GASSER

Wingnut15 said:
Well as you can guess I got several of the items and got stuck with the $10 ship on each one, no combined shipping.

That sucks. Theres no reason not to combine shipping. Unless its something crazy.

CCT70

That's how people rip off E-bay. E-bay only charges a fee based on the SELLING cost, not the overall cost with shipping. So...list low and jack up the shipping, (which is USPS postal fraud, look it up) and make MORE money by screwing E-bay out of their rightful cut and sticking it to the consumer.

kf4jqd

I perfer PayPal over any other payment mthods. I've paid 99% of my trtansactions by PayPal. Enfact there are 3 things I look for before biding. They are: 1 Payment meathod perfered. 2.How mush positive feedbacks they have. My general rule is, don't buy from anyone who has less than 98% positive feedback. 3. What country is the item coming from. These basic rules keeps me from getting burned.:thumb:

Andy:wave:

ejen34

CCT70 said:
That's how people rip off E-bay. E-bay only charges a fee based on the SELLING cost, not the overall cost with shipping. So...list low and jack up the shipping, (which is USPS postal fraud, look it up) and make MORE money by screwing E-bay out of their rightful cut and sticking it to the consumer.
It is not only Postal Fraud it is tax fraud and individual States are as we speak looking into internet taxation vs real value of auction items. Paying 1 cent for an item (market value)and 10 dollars for shipping (which currently is non-taxable) amounts to tax eviation (sp). I think its picky but some States look at this as lost revenue, and therefore fraudulent.

Coastie

Well I have one Neg, and that from a guy who basicly stolen from me. one out of 700+ sales. I saver of money. I held alot of trust in people. Plusa many items packing did not quilify for DC so I never got into the habit of using it.

Normally I had Military remembrance items but had some train cars I added from my left over inventory from my hobby shop. Sold one and the guy claim he did not get it, but his attitude said he did. He got his money back then left a neg.

In the mean time he violated many ebay rules and they did nothing.

kevinba

Sorry to hear about this. Personally, I've had lots of luck with eBay and PayPal. I've been hosed a few times buy buyers, but most people I've dealt with seem to understand a few negative feedbacks showing up here and there.

Even as good as things have been with PayPal, I can't help but think things will be changing quite a bit over the next year with Google Payments getting into the money xfer game. But that's just my two pennies...

Best of luck,
- kevin