Ebay rant

65GASSER

I with held all ebay IDs and names for eveyones sake. If the buyer of whats in question is on the forum (I really don't believe so) this isn't a stab at you, its just a vent about ebay and how it works sometimes. :curse:

When you guys shop on ebay, don't you look at the payment methods before buying? I do. I don't have perfect feedback, mostly due to being a truck driver and not getting a couple payments out timely. My fault for sure and I will be the first to admit it. Anyway, if a auctions payment methods list Paypal and nothing else, wouldn't you expect it to be paypal only, unless you contacted the seller to see if it would be ok to mail a payment? I just sold a set of Bill Miller Forged Aluminum small block chevy rods on there. Guy got a sweet deal on them @ $177 considering they are NOT cheap. I got them used for $450 with 2 runs on them. I had it listed as paypal only, and I get a message from him today asking for my address to mail a payment. I know hes not new to ebay with a feedback score of over 200. I wouldn't be mad about it if he emailed me first and I got the chance to explain that I would like paypal only due to the fact that I wanted the funds on my paypal account. I would have gladly retracted the bid if he wished. I dunno. What do you guys think?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
When I see PAYPAL only, I do not bid, that's only cause I dont have an account though. I think that you made a good point too. I would be a little mad too if this happend to me, I would have at least e-mailed you asking if I could mail payment. I do that sometimes to if it is really something I want.

zedob

Yeah, reply and tell him that you can only take paypal and if he has a problem that you'll be happy to retract the auction and relist for others. He should know better than to assume. I don't know why he wouldn't use paypal, it's such a convience.

hminky

I had one guy send me a personal check, I specify no personal checks. Then he complains about how long it takes him to get the item after the delay because of HIS personal check clearing.

Go figure
Harold

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
I've used Paypal to buy a lot of stuff but I won't take payments through them any more. They still owe me the $240 they pulled out of my account because of a BS buyer trying to get free goods.

65GASSER

Can't stand that either Cannonball. I had a guy reject shipment on a set of Dart SBC heads twice to get his money back from paypal. It ended up costing me almost twice the amount I won on the auction in shipping and he got refunded.

65GASSER

Eh this is going to be one of those auctions. Guy just emailed me back saying that the auction didn't say anything about paypal only. :curse:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
65GASSER said:
Eh this is going to be one of those auctions. Guy just emailed me back saying that the auction didn't say anything about paypal only. :curse:

Now it sounds like the guy is just trying to push you around!!:curse: :curse: :curse:

CCT70

Do yourself a favor, tell him to shove it and re-list it. There are far too many other e-Bayers around to play games with this guy.

KCS

I agree with everybody. Re-list and don't except him in another auction. It's jsut that time of year when scam artists really come out of the wood work and their shells. Just makes you want to find the worlds largest idiot bomb and blow it up. It's sad good people like us here trying to get pushed around or taken advantage of on something like that.

jasbourre

I seen this one guy list in his auction that if a payment by personal check would come in he would consider it as a donation.

oldtanker

Jeremie, sell em to someone else and tell the guy to learn to read. I buy very little on Ebay and thats because there are so many people who can't read. Several items I have gotten that were marked Paypal only I emailed the people and got the OK for USPS money orders only and have gone through the extra expense to mail em 3 day delivery to get the money there fast.

Good thing you are getting rid of that Chevy junk.....LOL FORD!!! Flip Over Read Directions!

Rick

jbaakko

You're not the only one... I lost my paypal account due to some BS buyers. They still tell me I owe Paypal $200... not paying...

I've run into a few buyers I've dumped neutral feedbacks on because they didn;t read that I do not accept paypal. Then they have the NERVE to explain in an email, how paypal works, and tell me I should get it, for their benifit.

Brian R.

I had a guy on ebay use buy it now on a product. then immediately threaten me saying that if the product did not operate properly he would fly to pa from Ill to meet face to face. He sent me 17 emails in total. I still shipped the product to him, while at the same time notifying the authorities, ebay, and paypal of the situation. His tone completely turned around when he got a call from the FBI. It's nice to be a criminal justice major and have alot of connections :-D

gasser dont take this guys crap. you can go back and look at your listing, where it should clearly state if you accept paypal only or not. I would file a non-payment strike against him. And if he sends payment through the mail, put return to sender on it and mail it back. I have before. If they dont like it, to bad. Let them leave neg feedback. You have a chance to explain yourself in a response to his neg. feedback. goodluck

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
65GASSER said:
I with held all ebay IDs and names for eveyones sake. If the buyer of whats in question is on the forum (I really don't believe so) this isn't a stab at you, its just a vent about ebay and how it works sometimes. :curse:

When you guys shop on ebay, don't you look at the payment methods before buying? I do. I don't have perfect feedback, mostly due to being a truck driver and not getting a couple payments out timely. My fault for sure and I will be the first to admit it. Anyway, if a auctions payment methods list Paypal and nothing else, wouldn't you expect it to be paypal only, unless you contacted the seller to see if it would be ok to mail a payment? I just sold a set of Bill Miller Forged Aluminum small block chevy rods on there. Guy got a sweet deal on them @ $177 considering they are NOT cheap. I got them used for $450 with 2 runs on them. I had it listed as paypal only, and I get a message from him today asking for my address to mail a payment. I know hes not new to ebay with a feedback score of over 200. I wouldn't be mad about it if he emailed me first and I got the chance to explain that I would like paypal only due to the fact that I wanted the funds on my paypal account. I would have gladly retracted the bid if he wished. I dunno. What do you guys think?
I broker for a friend on e-bay....... I've done 600+ auctions... My feedback is 100% at 417 now.....

This is the way i work it and i am successful 95% of the time with "those that refuse to read instructions"

I place "Paypal only " in both the description and th e "methods of payment" options and descriptions... Therefor it's there 3 different places... yes some STILL cant read!!! :curse: :curse:

Yes, you are right in saying it would be nice if they would E-mail you in advance to "ASK" if they could send payment in any other forms.... I've found that most do....

If I do not receive Paypal payment within 3 days I contact them through the auction asking them "Please let us know when payment will be sent" -- this is when I get the "We sent a money order.......... wall1 wall1 wall1 I understand that you cant always be available to do this stuff though :(

Once i get any other form of payment other than Paypal, i send a contact again - - saying" we have received your (check, Money order) We will ship the item after a 10 day waiting period... this is why in our auction we specify paypal only...

About 1/2 the time I get the "Money orders don't need to clear - - i send back the "Unless it's a USPS or Western union - they need to clear..... Even if it IS a USPS or WU money order i hold it for 4 days just to aggravate them - like they aggravate me :) :D :) :D

that's another complaint though.... E-bay owns paypal, and you get charged for listing on e-bay - you get charged again when it sells -- and you get charged again from Paypal :curse: :curse: :curse:

Multiply that by 500 - 600 auctons and it adds up :(

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
OOps - Left out the comment....

It's actually better that you didn't go through Paypal - they charge too much IMHO for auctions over $100.00 :(