eBay piracy help guide?

Discussion in 'Internet Auction Offerings' started by cbg, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbg

cbg Member

It occurred to me while trolling thru the eBay card models listed for sale that this forum ought to have one of our more gifted and knowledgable writers draft a "guide" on how to identify fakes and pirated models and post this guide on that very page much in the same way this individual did here on how to identify "re-cast kits" in plastic.

If you go to the eBay card model page and glance at yellow sidebar, you'll find the link where I've circled in this pic.

I'd suggest we include a bit about unauthorized reselling/repackaging/downloading as well as how to identify a re-scans/copies of commercial kits.
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great idea!

This has been an ongoing sideline for me, for some time now.
    Check out "E Bay Pirates" under "*****es and Gripes"
    Although I have posted only a couple of incidents, I have been continuously pursuing these people and I have about a 50% success rate in getting them shut down.

I always try to find the copyright holder and send them an E-mail, but it only seems to work about half of the time.
    I suspect maybe language difficulties are the prime reason for not being able to get through to the copyright holder.

I think your idea is excellent! If we cannot get to the copyright holder, maybe we can stop people from buying from these pirates.

Another area to consider writing about would be the selling of models which are available for free on the internet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.