ebay at it again

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by NULLMOON, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

NULLMOON Member

2. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

To make things even more idiotic, this guy's site breaks eBay's own copywrite laws by having the word "ebay" in his url and site title.

NULLMOON Member

lexs gonna be pissed that is his Chengdu J-10 in fact the picture is taken from his site

ps.why wont the this site show ebay links?
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

He's selling access to a pirate video site. Gotta love such b@lls.
  5. smyfe

smyfe Member

Could this idiot be selling links to this forum?, it,s the only place i can think of where you could find directions to all of these models. Many of the designers here have got their own foto's being used on his blog:cry:
  6. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I don't think so - just one of the compilation sites out there that collect links to models.
    I also notice that his blog has a number of Bob's water bomber pictures.

NULLMOON Member

most of the kits are from private modelers the one that might bite him in the ass is the fact hes got cannons a320 it would be intersting to know whats on that cd some of the star-trek and other sci-fi stuff is only in the download section of this site(i think:eek:)
  8. I don't think he is selling the models, only the links to the links. I'm not sure that is illegal. He points out that you can find them yourself or pay him for what he has already done. While I think it is unethical to do so, I don't think it is illegal. I have tons of links I have collected that I would glady share for free to anyone who wants them. But then how will they find me? I suppose if someone wanst to spend a few buck to save the time I guess that is up to him isn't it? I guess it is like the people who sell lists of homes up for auction. The lists are free but not everyone knows where to find them or wants to take the time to research it. So they make money on the people who are too lazy to do their own research. Hard to believe they won't take the time to google "Free Paper Model". When you think of how many links there are with tons of other links available it is hard to believe he has many takers. I doubt he is getting rich on this.
  9. Maybe we should all take turns posting an add on e-bay "Why pay for free paper models?". list a few popular search Queries that will get them all the free models they want, post some of the pictures pictures of what they can find this way. Then indicate we are doing this as a group effort to protect the designers from those exploiting their efforts to provide them for free with no commercial gain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.