easy inexspensive shingles

joesho

hi guys ,ok i just got a really good looking easy way to do shingles you cut paper strips the length of your roof and about 2 inches thick then cut little lines about half wath throught the paper.After you've done that trim the little tasles to slightly different sizes and glue on.

if you want more info go to www.trevinocircle.com bye for now

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Trevino Circle is a good site - I haven,t visited in a while - thanks for the reminder.

I have used strips of paper grocery bags to simulate cedar shingles. Works well.

Andrew

C

Catt

When I was in HO I used the tv show listings in TV guide to make shingles.I don't know if they still use the same type of paper for them or not.(don't get the mag anymore)

Catt said:
When I was in HO I used the tv show listings in TV guide to make shingles.I don't know if they still use the same type of paper for them or not.(don't get the mag anymore)

I should check that out. (I'll try to get a used copy off my brother.) I made a cottage years ago and used sand paper (fine) to make shingles. Just hand drew the lines with a pencil. Worked pretty good. I'll be making a new cottage model to improve on the old design. I'll give that a try and see how it goes.