easy decoder installations

TCH

Apr 30, 2007
rosebud,victoria,australia
I recently purchased an atlas trainman GP38-2 and couldn`t believe how easy the decoder installation was.

didn`t have to remove the body
just had to remove the dynamic brake hatch, unplug the 8 pin plug and insert the decoder plug.

that was it.

as a lot of posts are about decoder installation issues I thought others might like to add their thoughts on easy installations.

the decoder I used was a digitrax DH123P

trevor

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TCH:wav: , sounds like that sure was an easy install:up: . fortunately, though usually not that easy, there are SEVERAL engine manufactures that have made it VERY EASY for us DCCer's to install decoders or sound decoders:up: . quite honestly, brands like P2k, Stewart, Kato, BLI and most Atlas engines are so easy to put decoders/sound decoders in, it will take you longer to take the shell off, then to actually install the decoder:winki: . i have noticed a HUGE improvement in just the last 2yrs:mrgreen: . i haven't been in a recent Bachmann DCC ready engine, but i would think they have became easier also:winki: .

Now Athearn "DCC ready" circuit boards:roller: ......thats a whole other story:toug: :119: . :mrgreen: -Deano