Easy armour

goney3

Works for me!
I would rather struggle with translating it, and looking at the pictures, than not knowing how you make these amazing models so fast :)

Can Google translate ukrainian yet? ;)

goney3

Works for me!
I would rather struggle with translating it, and looking at the pictures, than not knowing how you make these amazing models so fast :)

Can Google translate ukrainian yet? ;)

ramatoto

Hi Roman,

are you sure, this is low-price???

I really don´t want to pull your work down, your models look great like always, but i think in this point you should think about it.

Ralf

ramatoto

Hi Roman,

are you sure, this is low-price???

I really don´t want to pull your work down, your models look great like always, but i think in this point you should think about it.

Ralf

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Roman:

Since you asked..:grin:

Assuming we are talking about a small tank model, such as the SU-85, which is a single sheet, I personally have no objection to paying up to $3.00, particularly if it is well designed and detailed...but I would be more prone to pay up to $5.00 if it included at least two versions in the one kit; three is the charm.:grin:

I honestly believe if you include a number of versions in the one kit offering it is more likely to sell, than, say if it is a single version. And the desire to purchase is enhanced, at least for me, when it is a downloaded digitally delivered model and can save on shipping costs.

Just my two cents worth....
Cheers!
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Roman:

Since you asked..:grin:

Assuming we are talking about a small tank model, such as the SU-85, which is a single sheet, I personally have no objection to paying up to $3.00, particularly if it is well designed and detailed...but I would be more prone to pay up to $5.00 if it included at least two versions in the one kit; three is the charm.:grin:

I honestly believe if you include a number of versions in the one kit offering it is more likely to sell, than, say if it is a single version. And the desire to purchase is enhanced, at least for me, when it is a downloaded digitally delivered model and can save on shipping costs.

Just my two cents worth....
Cheers!
Jim

ramatoto

@Jim

Full agreement!!:wink:

Of course it is in the opinion of every designer to which amount he will sell his products, but if others sell similar products cheaper.....8)

Ralf

ramatoto

@Jim

Full agreement!!:wink:

Of course it is in the opinion of every designer to which amount he will sell his products, but if others sell similar products cheaper.....8)

Ralf

O.K. this is reasonable idea. Next models will include few versions in one kit. Just understand me: I’m selling models, and I’m selling with the aim to have more possibilities to make it more and better...

O.K. this is reasonable idea. Next models will include few versions in one kit. Just understand me: I’m selling models, and I’m selling with the aim to have more possibilities to make it more and better...

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Roman.:)

To be honest, the price you have is really not a big issue, at least not for me, even if the model is only one version...I look for not just how many models I get for my money, but the quality, accuracy and detailing that goes into it. I fully appreciate the time and effort that goes into a design and, even if one is as fast as you in producing a model, it's still a lot of time and work, particularly if you want to get it right and provide an outstanding product, all of which obviously applies to your work. And I also am well aware that you have to reward the designer for his efforts if you expect him or her to continue doing similar work in the future as well...which, if you love their work you certainly want to keep them providing outstanding model kits.

So, considering the whole process, the work to produce the kits, the desire of the prospective buyer to get as much as you can for their hard earned money (that includes quality of design, details and accuracy, not just getting two or more versions) and the incentive to keep the designer happy so more models are produced in the future, pricing is a delicate balance. I defer to the designers on this, they obviously have the first hand knowledge of what they have to do to produce a model, and buyers will most times be willing to pay a slightly higher price for a better product.

I can only give you my impression as an avid paper model consumer of various model kit types and sizes. I'm really not at all offended by your pricing as it now stands, even comparing it to other kits out there, and definitely plan on ordering a few of your models as my discretionary income permits (and, of course, am very much looking forward to building them notwithstanding my present glut of "to be built" kits sitting around my work area :grin: ). I, for one, like getting a package of different versions, and I would think others are of the same inclination, so it might be worth a thought or two to consider the combined version package if you can figure out a price that meets your needs as well.

Just some idle thoughts....:grin:

Cheers!
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Roman.:)

To be honest, the price you have is really not a big issue, at least not for me, even if the model is only one version...I look for not just how many models I get for my money, but the quality, accuracy and detailing that goes into it. I fully appreciate the time and effort that goes into a design and, even if one is as fast as you in producing a model, it's still a lot of time and work, particularly if you want to get it right and provide an outstanding product, all of which obviously applies to your work. And I also am well aware that you have to reward the designer for his efforts if you expect him or her to continue doing similar work in the future as well...which, if you love their work you certainly want to keep them providing outstanding model kits.

So, considering the whole process, the work to produce the kits, the desire of the prospective buyer to get as much as you can for their hard earned money (that includes quality of design, details and accuracy, not just getting two or more versions) and the incentive to keep the designer happy so more models are produced in the future, pricing is a delicate balance. I defer to the designers on this, they obviously have the first hand knowledge of what they have to do to produce a model, and buyers will most times be willing to pay a slightly higher price for a better product.

I can only give you my impression as an avid paper model consumer of various model kit types and sizes. I'm really not at all offended by your pricing as it now stands, even comparing it to other kits out there, and definitely plan on ordering a few of your models as my discretionary income permits (and, of course, am very much looking forward to building them notwithstanding my present glut of "to be built" kits sitting around my work area :grin: ). I, for one, like getting a package of different versions, and I would think others are of the same inclination, so it might be worth a thought or two to consider the combined version package if you can figure out a price that meets your needs as well.

Just some idle thoughts....:grin:

Cheers!
Jim