Easy armour

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
I'll tell you what, I think the Soviet tanks are a sorely ignored lot...save for Nobi's T-55 (which, by the way, I have not totally forgotten my build, it's just taken a back seat for a spell while I work on other projects...it will be finished some day, hopefully before year's end), and I think there is a good sized group looking for them, so anything you have on the drawing board would probably be very well received. I personally love the 1/72 size, it fits a pretty nice niche in the armor models I have in the to be built stack.

Looking forward to seeing further announcements on your progress.

Cheers!
Jim

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi Roman,

with your skill of coloring and incredible 3d work on Rhino will make your 1/72 armor series look great...cant wait to see another work from you.

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi Roman,

with your skill of coloring and incredible 3d work on Rhino will make your 1/72 armor series look great...cant wait to see another work from you.

kampfflieger

Jan 18, 2005
Ukraine!!!
This is 3d model of Tetrarch.

With great help of Ramatoto and Charliec model will be in two variants - Great Britan and Soviet (The 151st Tank Brigade. Transcaucasus Front).

Attachments

• tetrarch.jpg
    tetrarch.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 210

kampfflieger

Jan 18, 2005
Ukraine!!!
This is 3d model of Tetrarch.

With great help of Ramatoto and Charliec model will be in two variants - Great Britan and Soviet (The 151st Tank Brigade. Transcaucasus Front).

ramatoto

Jul 30, 2005
Germany
www.ramatoto-homepage.de
Loks very impressing!!

It would be great, if there were more models of many used WWII vehicles, which are very rare as models (the german 8-wheelers Sd.Kfz 233, 232, or some trucks, british gun carriers GMC or Ford and so on...) especially not as overdetailed 1/25 models, with hundreds of parts:grin:.

If you only could take a few hours every week for your hobby, such large models take a veeery looong time to get finished:rolleyes:

Ralf

ramatoto

Jul 30, 2005
Germany
www.ramatoto-homepage.de
Loks very impressing!!

It would be great, if there were more models of many used WWII vehicles, which are very rare as models (the german 8-wheelers Sd.Kfz 233, 232, or some trucks, british gun carriers GMC or Ford and so on...) especially not as overdetailed 1/25 models, with hundreds of parts:grin:.

If you only could take a few hours every week for your hobby, such large models take a veeery looong time to get finished:rolleyes:

Ralf

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
kampfflieger said:
Charlie, T numbers - what does it meant? Do you know more about Soviet Tetrarch numbers?

All British AFVs were identified by a serial number - in the case of tanks this started with "T". The point I was making was that the images of the Tetrach on the Russian Battlefield site still had their British T numbers. The image http://www.battlefield.ru/lend_tank/tetrarch_4.jpg shows this clearly. The W.O. prefix stands for "War Office".It looks like the T numbers were on the right side of the turret and the front plate of the hull. The left side of the turret doesn't seem to have the serial number.

Regards,

Charlie

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
kampfflieger said:
Charlie, T numbers - what does it meant? Do you know more about Soviet Tetrarch numbers?

All British AFVs were identified by a serial number - in the case of tanks this started with "T". The point I was making was that the images of the Tetrach on the Russian Battlefield site still had their British T numbers. The image http://www.battlefield.ru/lend_tank/tetrarch_4.jpg shows this clearly. The W.O. prefix stands for "War Office".It looks like the T numbers were on the right side of the turret and the front plate of the hull. The left side of the turret doesn't seem to have the serial number.

Regards,

Charlie

R

RyanShort1

Any chance of your doing some of the more unusual US stuff in 1/72 like a M8 Greyhound, M18 Hellcat, or a M7 Priest?

Ryan

R

RyanShort1

Any chance of your doing some of the more unusual US stuff in 1/72 like a M8 Greyhound, M18 Hellcat, or a M7 Priest?

Ryan

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
I would also be very interested in an M7 Priest...from a personal point of view.
My Dad, who has since passed away, fought in one under Patton during WWII.

I have an old plastic kit, but, unfortunately, I have never found a paper kit and doubt it was ever the subject of a paper model before. I would love to build a few out of paper in 1/72 scale out of paper so I could send them to my Brother and Sisters as a remembrance of my Father.

Cheers!
Jim