Eastbound Truckin'

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by railohio, Feb 19, 2004.

1. railohio

railohio Active Member

What do you guys think of this shot? I'd be interested in some critique of my work. Please click the photo for a larger version.

This is an eastbound CSX intermodal approaching the Norfolk Southern diamonds in Fostoria just after sunrise on September 26, 2003. This was shot with a tripod-mounted Nikon N80, 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 AF Zoom Nikkor, and Fuji Sensia 100 film from the south Amtrak platform.
  2. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Photo Comments

Well, I'm no photography expert, so I won't comment on the technical points. I do think it's a great photo, with great detail (like the guys in the cab). Keep up the good work.
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Awesome photo!!! :D :D :D
  4. Flangehead

Flangehead Member

I like it! Is Fostoria in NC? Looks like the crew is getting more than their fair share of sunlight! I like the exhaust heat and the contrast of the units against the green trees. Was the train running slowly? It looks like there is not much dust being blown around.
    Keep up the good work. Wait, make that keep up the good FUN!:thumb:
  5. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Photo looks great. I'm not too good with the technical aspect of photography, but in terms of what I want to see in a train pic, it is perfect.
    I'm not sure, but I think they always run slow through a diamond.
  6. Flangehead

Flangehead Member

I had the same thought about the diamond,
    I'm not sure either.
    I think a hear a thread opening.