Earth Vs. Flying Saucers Build photos Options

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Louis R, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Louis R

Louis R Member

A little model I built over two stormy evenings. Model by Mike Hungerford.
    Base by myself. Really neat model and look impressive when finished. The
    UFO was a little tricky but generally not too bad at all to build. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Chthulhu

Chthulhu Member

That looks great, Louis! I always found that making the cutout in the Monument fit the profile of the saucer was the hardest part, myself. :)

Would you be willing to share the base? I'd be happy to add it to the model's page with credits to you.
  3. Thanh Thuy

Thanh Thuy Member

Fine model and original topic.

And a correct size, isn't it?

Thanh Thuy.
  4. Yes, that base would be great! My built version of that scene always falls over... it NEEDS a decent base.
  5. Louis R

Louis R Member

Hi Mike,
    I tried looking for the base model tonight on all my backup DVDs/CDs but alas I don't seem to have it anywhere. I am not sure if I even kept a copy of it after I built the model as I made it a couple of years ago but recentlt found the built model in a cardboard box with some other models. It's one of my fav.
    But I did get the base from Google Earth and the added the text with a graphics program. I played around with the scale till it fitted the aerial photo of the tower. Once this was done I glued it onto foamboard (5mm). It was very easy to do.
  6. Chthulhu

Chthulhu Member

Just put some sand, rice, beans, or whatever inside the Monument; you only need to fill the bottom inch or two/2-5 cm.
  7. Chthulhu

Chthulhu Member

Thanks, Louis; I *thought* the image seemed familiar. :)