Eagles Roost

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Like all railroad mogules, my Grandfather wanted a lodge with a view of his railroad. He chose Purgatory Peak in the Rockies for this log structure. He called it Eagles Roost. Today, it serves as a vacation spot for rail fanners and rock climbers.
Purgatory Peak hides a step in the background of my N gauge MAT
pp1.jpg

A closer view with folks enjoying the late afternoon air.
er.jpg

Rock climbers trying to reach the peak. Cold work.
rock1.jpg

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thats terrific Robin, reminds me of the Film "Where Eagles Dare" and the Castle of Eagles. Great work
Shamus
waver.gif

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Robin, one more fine model with built-in WOW!-effect! :cool:

There's on problem, though: Since I am a lousy mountain-climber, how could I get up into that fine lodge? :(
I would prefer to RIDE UP in an elevator! Now couldn't you install a contraption for heavyweight railfans - a sort of a basket which is raised and lowered on a (hopefully strong enough) rope. So all these railfans could leave the train at a small platform along the tracks and then soar up to Eagles Roost. :D

Ron

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Tyson, the logs fit very close together and when painted, the acrylic paint acts as the chinking.
Val, no helipad but when building models one can take licence to say there is a very curvy road around the back that leads up to the lodge. So Ron you can ride up in comfort with no risk.
satokuma, this is N gauge.
Now I must admit that the logs are supported by cardboard reinforcement. The Shingles are cardboard as is the hand rail along the front. Something I forgot is a large chimney which I will add.
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. It just makes me want to do more.