E-Z track...Good?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by customcreator, Dec 18, 2004.

1. customcreator

customcreator New Member

I am assuming since it's "easy" that this isn't good track?? Should I just go with regular track, or is the E-Z good??
  2. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Ha Custom, Welcome to the Gauge. E Z track is fine if you are building a 4x8 layout for your kids. However if you are looking for realistic track on a "custom" layout E Z track ain't where it's at. The major problems being the set length and radius of the track sections, and the preattached roadbed/ballast, as well as the numerous joints in the track. It all depends on what your after. Give us some more info on what you want to build.
  3. psocks

psocks New Member

EZ Track Lover Here

I Love EZ track and am proud to say 95% of my layout is made of the older steel track. I have 0 thats right...0 problems. The key is to keep the track clean and run trains on it as much as possible. I have a 4 x 9 setup that contains 3 switches. I will be adding 2 more shortly. I am also in 2005 going to add a freight yard. This will probably be achieved with Atlas track however. Mainly due to the fact that I do not need the big roadbed. Hope this helps. :wave:
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Good stuff that'll get you started and keep you going. Eventually the cost will drive you towards flex and cork roadbed. I use the EZ track for temporary setups. Very good stuff for that.
  5. ak-milw

ak-milw New Member

I have a large oval of it under my Christmass tree right now. Just about the only place I would use it too!!!!!!!!:eek:
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I read a thread where someone was asking how to get an EZtrack switch that had broken down out of his finished layout. The results required some work as all the undertrack connectors would have to be cut through.
    It's good track for some purposes, and probably not bad for a first layout. I used to use a loop of it for running-in purposes and it kept its shape when picked up and stored on its side.