E-Pass Pass Exchange

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Roger Hensley, Jun 16, 2002.

1. aboyette

aboyette New Member

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Time to Bump this thread for all the new members :)
  3. Chartiers

Chartiers Still plays with trains

The old E&A layout is now history, but a small Chartiers Branch layout is now rising from the ashes.
  4. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

It seems that, like some of my locomotives, I like restoring things... such as old threads. This one being no exception. A while back I presented Doc Tom and Bill Nelson with railpasses for the Whiskey River Railway. I don't have a pic on hand of what they looked like but if anyone is interested shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Feel free to post them if you wish. :)
  6. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

Whiskey River Railway Pass

Here it is folks, enjoy!

Attached Files:

7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Could you imagine if the average person had a printer back then, you could go anywhere! :)
  8. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

It would be interesting to find out if there were cases of rail pass forgeries and to see what the victim's punishment was. Someone back in the day would have to have access to a print shop. It all depends how dedicated someone was to printing their own pass. Certain passes were very plain and basic, while others were very intricate and decorative, and to recreate one of those back in the day would have required making a printing plate specifically for that unless they printed them for the railroad originally.

But yes Zathros, it would be very interesting to go back in time and introduce them to the wonders of a laser printer. If it were a good printer, peoples minds would explode if you showed them that it could duplex print (print on both sides).

9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I like to think that people were more honorable in the past, but then I read history, all the wars, racism, depressions and whatnot. I think if you pulled out a laser printed someone would bat you over the head and we would have laser based weapons wreaking havoc, or really excellent printers. It's hard to tell. :)