E-Pass Pass Exchange

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Roger Hensley, Jun 16, 2002.

1. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hi Lynn,

it's great to have you also here at the Gauge!

I didn't visit your website for quite some time - and now I see that you also got bitten by the 0n30" bug! And the track plan looks really fine.

Now... slowly I begin to fear that I could get bitten, too! :D :D :D

2. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Welcome Aboard The-Gauge Lynn. You will find everyone here has something to share in one way or another. Alot of information is here and don't be afraid to ask a question. Again Welcome Aboard.
  3. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Here's an e-pass for the Pensacola and Gulf RR.

Attached Files:

4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

5. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

how to make them?

Hey everybody I want to make a pass for the Mount Ande UP short line but how did you guys make these great passes??
    Yall did a great job by the way:thumb:
  6. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

who_dat, if you have graphics program like e.g. Paint Shop Pro / Photo Shop... (it doesn't have to be the newest top notch version!), it's quite easy to make your own pass:

1. Of course, in the first place you have to design your own pass. :confused: For inspirations look at the samples on many websites of model railroaders who exchange e-railpasses. Here is a link to the first page of my pass collection Perhaps this is the most difficult part of the whole thing. :D

2. On your pass you should include the following information:
    Name, logo and scale (N/H0/0...) of your railroad - your real (!) name, of course - your e-mail address and (if possible) your web site URL - pass no - issue date and name of the person who will get your pass.

3. Draw the pass with your graphics program, then save your work as a JPEG or GIF-file. A common size of e-rail passes is 550 pixels wide by 350 pixels high. The file size should be smaller than 100 kB, so that you get reasonable loading times over the net.
    It is a good idea to make a pass TEMPLATE first with everything on it but the name of the recipient, pass no. and the date of issue. Now if you want to send a pass to somebody, you load the template into your graphics program, insert the missing data, save the file (under a DIFFERENT file name, of course!) and then send it away... :wave: :wave: :wave:

I hope this helps you along for a start. It's one more fun part of our great hobby! :thumb:

7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

My beloved done it...she's better with the computer than me. :p :thumb:
  8. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Gave it a try what yall think?

Here is my first try. Any suggestions I'm not to good with this photo stuff but thanks for the info I recived from Ron it did get me started!
    I also apoligize if you see the slight line in there the Dog ate my camera :curse: and havn't had the money to replace it but when I do I hope to get that shot agin I love the way the whole thing turned out up on the tressel

Attached Files:

9. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

I like it.Mainly the camera angle.I would like to get issued that.
  10. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hey Mike, your pass looks great!

There are not that many passes around with a real photograph on it, but I always loved this type of pass, too. Graphically the photo is just ideal, because the upper half is free for the necessary data. This way you can 'write into the sky'! :D

You say that's your first try - but boy, then you got lots of talent!
    I'll send you one of my passes, and I'm already looking forward to get one of yours! :wave: :wave: :wave:

11. N Gauger

12. faroukstan

faroukstan Member

Hello, Mike : A GREAT e-pass on a FIRST TRY! Could I be issued a copy? Thanks....

Muhammad Farouk S. Tan
  13. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Be happy to Capn
    But need to know where to send it
  14. ShaunMac

ShaunMac New Member

My e-pass

Hi all,

Just letting you all know about my e-pass though some of the posters in this thread are people I recognise as having been sent a pass by yours truly - 1 or 2 I recognise as members of my websites online forum.

If anyone wants a pass then give me a shout and I'll issue you with a pass and I would obviously love a pass in return. I've only got 22 so far and want many more as I think this is a great scheme and a fun way of promoting your website.

Anyway, enough of my waffling now. I could waffle for my country if given a chance! ;)

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

My own layout project website can be found at:-

Attached Files:

15. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That is a cool railpass.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  16. N Gauger

Welcome aboard Shaun! :D :D Your e-Pass has been added to The Gallery Where you can see al our e-passes :)
  17. Fusion

Fusion New Member

Hi Guys/Gals. I've only posted a few times but have been a lurker for a while. I'm a newbie in model railroading but catch on quickly and hope to have my own layout (N scale) in the new year. I've been reading up on e-passes and decided to make one. I hope you enjoy it. :thumb:

Attached Files:

18. N Gauger

Welcome aboard Fusion :D :D Your e-Pass has been added to The Gallery Where you can see all our e-passes :)
  19. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Pardon me for resurrecting this old thread (of which I've only skimmed the surface) but, do I have to have a website to post an Electro-Pass?
  20. N Gauger

Nope, just post it here as an attachment. It has to be smaller than 640 X 480 and no larger than 70k in size... :)

Or just post it to The Gallery and put a link to your pass, in your reply here.