E&N Day 2003

ENR3870

Apr 1, 2003
Sooke, BC, Canada
www.geocities.com
SATURDAY, AUGUST 16, 2003.

E&N Day will be held this year at the Port Alberni Depot in Port Alberni,BC. Several events are planned, including:

Steam-hauled excursions to the McLeans Mill Historic site, 5 miles north of the Depot. Power for the train will be Alberni Pacific 2-8-2 Saddle tanker No. 7(ex-McMillan Bloedel 1055, nee Alberni Pacific Lumber No. 7) or an ex-CP Rail RS3, no. 8427.

Operation Lifesaver displays will be set up at the Port Alberni Depot and McLeans Mill.

Other various displays at the beautifully restored 1912-era Port Alberni Station.

Our club,E&N Division(Canadian Historical Railroad Association) will have several displays at the depot and is organizing the event.

Last year's E&N Day was cancelled because we still were not sure if the railroad would be operating. E&N Days 2001 was held in the Vic West yard, CPR heritage display cars 80 and 81 were there, speeder rides for the public, and(was planned but never happened as Pacific Wilderness shut down a few weeks prior) excursions on the Pacific Wilderness Railway to Langford and back(16 mile round trip).

For more info email me at enrailway@yahoo.ca.

Photo: 2-8-2T No.7 ready to leave Port Alberni. Gordon Hulford photo, posted with permission.

alpa-s7fgh.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I sure wish I could be there to join in all the fun. I have only been through Port Albernie once a few years ago and would very much like to visit again. Not this year unfortunately.