E Bay Fraud

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Amazyah, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I've recently noticed as well that this one has disappeared. I just could not believe that he was getting away with selling what he was without the publishers getting all over ebay. He must have had scans of every commerical model made!

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

He is one of 2 accounts. Theres a second one as well.
  3. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

eBay has gotten 'much' better about handling these things lately. I myself set up an "about me" eBay page so I could have a link to my website(s) as you can't post links in their email system to show offenders they're selling your works. It has been an invaluable help.

Now, if I can just figure out Yahoo auctions Hong Kong......:(
  4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Lets all send him the same e-mail at once, that'll p*** him off, good revenge too.
  5. Clashster

Clashster Member

Currently, there is a kit available on eBay that is for the Gemini IV 1/24. The pics are all from the Delta 7 site and it looks like their version. Does anyone know if this is authorized? or who to contact on Delta 7 (I didn't see a "contact us" link.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Ok quick update.

I have stuck some fingers into the system and so far have concluded that 2 out of 5 sellers have gotten the boot.

There remains 3. A guy who is selling pretty much everything on his site burned to CD. Another guy who is doing the same but down to 2 items and finally some woman who is selling the tokai movie monsters on disc. The first guy is my personal mission to get booted off ebay. It's a life mission for me now.

I don't have anything to lose. I have bought the things I need from ebay and since parts for my car on ebay are not only very scarce but expensive. I don't use it as much.
  7. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

here's what i did, and i DON'T recommend it for everybody. the technique is to buy the pirated goods. pay through paypal, recieve the goods, and then demand a refund through paypal. they allow such an action for those types of goods. you WILL get a refund. once you have, you should send the received items to your closest FBI office. let the world know you have, including Ebay. the downside? you will likely end up with your one and only negative Ebay comment. i am proud to wear mine as a badge of honor.

despite the claims perhaps stated in this thread, it can be a copyright holder OR HIS/HER DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE which can report trangressions to Ebay. the "designated" person or firm should be of a legal nature. whether or not Ebay (or associated PayPal) is publicly or privately traded, no corporate entity can afford to "look the other way" on these issues. class action suits are possible and bad press equals bad business. i'm sure Ebay does make an effort but it should be apparent to all who are not "designated representatives" that they come up short. 50 monkees typing 50 pages a day may eventually transcribe the entire works of shakespeare, but by the time it happens, the damage to an industry is already done.
  8. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

:grin: You are an evil genius.
  9. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

i would like to thank the administration of the site for allowing this thread. in the past, these discussions have been partisan and non-productive. i would like to think that the well-meaning segment of our hobby has prevailed and actually brought about something other than diviseness (sic?). it is not "rocket surgery". just a matter of educating those in the world who may have a false sense of "entitlement", and couldn't or wouldn't share a creation for the common good, but only seek to profit for themselves. no matter the cost to those who do it for the pure joy of creating and sharing.

cliff button
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Thanks for taking one for the team Neb. =)
  11. SteveM

SteveM Member

Yes it is authorized.
  12. xyberz

xyberz Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I had a case of my own on Ebay. Paid to purchase a Sony Erisson P900 for about $600 and got burnt by the seller.

Well anyway, here's a link if no one has posted it yet to some really nice helmets for your collection. They also have the upper bust.

Enjoy! :grin:
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

14. zecks

zecks Member

if you find any of my mechwarrior models on ebay let me know
  15. rickstef

rickstef Guest

16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

No problem. I always have my eyes open!
    I cannot stand people making money off of others work.

17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Looks like it is time for some e-mails to go out!8)

18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Trust me zecks ... I am all up and down sale sites in a crusade to knockdown all douchebags who illegitamately profit from the works of others. So far Ebay is rather content to allow small people to be ripped off but big companies like Microsoft and Nike are protected very well.
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

By me as well!:grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.