E Bay Fraud

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Amazyah, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gil

Gil Active Member

Second evil but satisfying thought for the day. Figure out where the violator is putting his stuff and put up a similar item for sale except it has zero values and minimum bids but is instead a list of sites to go to for free models. Probably wouldn't help a lot but would yield some satifaction in preventing the sucking sound of another innocent being hoovered up!

2. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I just took a look at that one and I see Jegandou's Nekomimi and Elf on it. I am a member of DLSite (The only place outside of Japan to purchase Jegandou's models). I notified them and rest assured they "will" take action to protect their member artists intellectual property.

That's enough bad guy hunting for me today. I'm off to build a model..
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great job Rick!
    Another one bites the dust! :twisted:
  4. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Heh. DLSite is not quite as generous as Yamaha.:twisted: Here's the response I received 4 hours after emailing them;

"Thank you for your information. We have banned this seller from DLsite.com, he will never be able to purchase on our site.
    We will email him to remove the item from the auction site.
    Once again thank you very much."

It's a violation of their member rules to resell anything your purchase there.

While he may or may not cancel his little auction he has now been permanently cut off from one source of supply.
  5. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I have "really" got to start reading these threads more thoroughly.....:roll:
    Your 'Helmetless' condition is only temporary.
    I received this email on 6 March;

"Hello "TheWebdude",
    I'm a friend of METMANIA and METMANIA-FAN, named 'namoon'.
    Starting from your report to METMANIA, we negotiates with eBay against infringement of copyright. Eventually, eBay removed these infringing materials placed from HongKong. I'd like to deliver appreciation from 'masa' and 'METMANIA-FAN'.
    METMANIA now interupts to open all paper models and we are
    considering future action to protect our materials and copyrights from such unrightful listing before re-opening. We hope your continuous support to METMANIA.
    Thank you again and regards,

So, as soon as Masa get the protection schema in place Metmania "will" reopen downloads.
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

:D All right!!! You made my day Rick!:D
    I thought it was going to be a permanent lock down just to prevent further infringement.
    That is great news! Thanks!

It's kind of strange, I keep finding myself thanking you for something!:grin:
  7. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I have sworn only to use my powers for good......8)
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Good......... now roll that cape up before you trip or something:grin:

Really........ I too appreciate the good work webdude........... on second thought might you just need to just reload the web slingers?

9. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Hmmm. I never much thought of myself as the "cape type". More like The Punisher, with a black tee with a large skull on it.
    (Yeah, that'll work):lol:
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Looks like "the Max"...
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Hi guys. I am currently embroiled in a pirate battle on Ebay. So far I have sent in report after report after report and I keep getting automated thankyous back from Ebay for every report sent in. The pirates remain and I seem to be the only one suffering for it (-2 to my feedback for trying to cause an issue with one).

I seriously need some input as to how one can be more effective against this issue.

all on a dvd for $50

and these for $10

There are 5-6 sellers on Ebay selling these. In one case we have GPM a functioning body which is somewhat accessable while the latter we have a company I have NO idea how anyone can contact. Essentially all I can do for now is just not buy them but the issue remains that these sellers can keep selling.

I need help. We need protection.
  12. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Owner of GPM already asked me for help and I sent him detailed step-by-step instruction on how to register (and how to use it later) for this copy right owner verification thing because it seems to be the only way E-bay will do anything.
    Reporting the pirate results in polite e-mail but nothing else....
  13. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

You might want to note to them this auction:

Not only a ton of GPM, but Shipyard, Fly, Halinski - heck, it looks like he's got them all. 7 CDs for $25.

14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I just emailed GPM a bunch of links and essentially gave them the link to register for a Vero account on Ebay.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yes. Not only that but I have started speaking out on Ebay's forum about Ebay's rules and their inability to stop piracy on their own site.

Let me know if GPM and other like producers are needing anymore help.
  16. hpept

hpept Member

What i do sometimes, is to make a question to the seller, and WARNING every potential buyer that they may be buying something that is pirated and/or free, so they are loosing their money and time and feeding those abject sellers who make money at others expense. The question will stay there on the auction page well visible, hopefully discouraging the buyers.
  17. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I did that as well. I asked a loaded question and unfortunately it did not appear.

I think sellers can choose to forward questions to the item's description page.
  18. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

You are correct, at least on the US site - it is up to the seller whether to publish the question. I'd be shocked if they put up a question with an embedded warning as to their pirate status!

hpept, how did you trick them into it? ;) Or does the Mercado Livre site work differently?

19. hpept

hpept Member

rlwhitt, i don't know. :grin:
    Maybe rules are different. I never had any similar issue when i lived in Italy and i had my eBay Italia account so i cannot tell it. Mercado Livre is the brasilian cousin of eBay and maybe some options are not available to the seller, or maybe the seller was not that smart to use this option of hiding a "tricky" question.
  20. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

i thought i would check the e bay offerings for paper models and i discovered a definate lack of pirated offerings. curious, i checked on the account for one of the most notorious offenders (brazil_second_hand_rose). it seems that only recently he has become "not a registered member". maybe he closed up shop voluntarily (yeah,right ;0) or he has had his privledges suspended (likely). i guess the wheels of bureacracy grind slow but true. this is truly a victory. he was a power seller and now he'll have to try and find an honest job.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.