Dust Tactics

Hello,
I wonder if anybody knows about paper model of dust tactics walkers.
I've seen some images and they look pretty neat, WWII style mechs.

davelant

I've heard of the "dust defense." Somebody once proposed placing large nuclear weapons under, let's say, Montana or Manitoba or some other sparsely populated big place up north, and then exploding them in the event of Soviet nuclear attack. All the dust kicked up into the upper atmosphere would destroy ICBM's booking along at 5 miles per second. And everybody would be happy, except the people in Montana or Manitoba.

But that's more strategic than tactical.

Z

Zathros

I guess that's were the phrase "dusted them off' came from? Maybe not. I think he means stuff like this:

dust-luther.png

yes, quick google of dust tactics shows many pictures as well as the game from FFG.
Here is one of their pictures of the allied camp note, the walker which look like WWII (Sherman?) tanks on legs
DT001-ALLIES-FORCES-web.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is a very interesting concept. I am sure that you could "KITBASH" something together to get those tank walkers.

I would really like to see what you come up with.

definitively looks promising. In particular I think if I find a simple WWII Sherman kit and add it on top of the four legged variant it will look very similar to the Allied walker in Dust

Z

Zathros

I can't help thinking of the reality that would have made these things just big lumbering targets. These games seem to work on a premise that there is no air cover, or not used properly. I guess suspending belief is part of the fun. A set of rules. Maybe an atmosphere that's only 50 feet high!! :)

arkon

try dustgame.com . they are plastic n resin kits and really pricey , but you should find enough pics for someone to start some paper models.

vbsargent

I can't help thinking of the reality that would have made these things just big lumbering targets.

I think that pretty much describes all the real armor of WWII.:mrgreen: When you have German armor going at max speeds of 45kph, but more realistically more like 20kph on roads,and maybe 10-15kph off road, they aren't exactly nimble enough to evade air cover. :eek:

Z

Zathros

I will never forget the gun footage of a P-47 shoving a lobby of missiles up the tail end of a Tiger tank, and narrator saying they calculated the tank went around 75 mph before exploding into a fireball! :)

Dart_Rabbit

Mini wargames walking tanks are always interesting to look. Panzer4 I started doing, and then can esche couple of tanks, but little time is busy with other Projects
dv scale 1:100

Attachments

• ??????????-1.jpg
    ??????????-1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 20

Dart_Rabbit

Well this is a complete home-made! Interesting sweep walking tanks is necessary, and that it was evident from cheego taken prototype