Duratrax overdrive st any good?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by osbornel, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osbornel

osbornel Member

I'm saving for a duratrax overdrive st that is 300 at my lhs.I've heard a lot of good reviews, but if you own one or have owned one, could you tell me everything about them? Thanks[|)]
  2. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

I own a Overdrive and it's the best for backyard bashing. I'v never had any problems with it or the engine. The .17 it quite powerful and it starts up every time. I do need a little more power and speed so I'm going to put in a .15 O.S CV-R. I love to take it to construction sites and launch it off of the piles of dirt. It has great handling and it has an impressive top speed. I have lost some screws so i put thread-lock on everything. I'v had it for only a year and i'v been in in the hobby of nitro for 2 years (my other car was a Team Associated NTC3 but it got run over by a car, it is in the process of being rebuilt). The Duratax Overdrive ST gives you the most bang for your buck.
  3. osbornel

osbornel Member

ok well this or evader st?
  4. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

the evader st is cool but one difference between the Evader and Overdrive, the Overdrive has 4 wheel drive and the Evader doesn't. 2wd is fun but nothing beats 4wd. what i do with the overdrive the evader wouldn't have a chance
  5. osbornel

osbornel Member

Oh well that settles it, i am going to bash the #@$% out of it then.how is the 2 speed and reverse? I also heard that the engine is bad and not reliable.Thanks.Does it have good gc? The duratrax w/s says it has 1.38 in but then it says the evader has 1.4.Can i lift the overdrive up?would some monster tires be ok?
  6. bandit1

bandit1 Member

which ever one is good for a good bashing...
  7. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

The 2 speed always switches and on the top of the remote it has a switch for forward and backwards. I found out that it has a 'neutral' position. If you put the switch right in the middle, you can rev up the engine with out it moving, thats great for starting it up. I measured my ride hight and it is 1.5 inches. I have heard that the engine is bad but i have NEVER had a problem with it. It starts up every third pull. I am seeing if i can fit T-maxx tires on it but Proline Masher 2000's are tall and great. The Overdrive has tons of suspention ajustments. It even can adjust the spring tension.
  8. Overdrive789

Overdrive789 New Member

overdrive`s are very good cars to get. once you get them tuned right, they are great in the backyard and on the jumps.
  9. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

Do you own one?
  10. Overdrive789

Overdrive789 New Member

11. E-snake

E-snake New Member

I hate the maximum st pro!
  12. osbornel

osbornel Member

it's an overdrive st r-tard!
  13. Overdrive789

Overdrive789 New Member

14. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

Does anyone know what type of T-Maxx wheels and tires will fit on the Overdrive?
  15. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

duratrax does not have many hop ups. i have a envader st and i cann't find hop ups
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

they have hop-ups. try www.towerhobbies.com next time check the date of the last post. some of these people arent even around anymore
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.