Dumbcluck (wunwinglow) off-air for a while...

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by wunwinglow, Jan 24, 2006.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

The post man arrived this morning with a thumping big parcel, full of my 2006 course work; I'm doing a degree with the Open University. It is clearly going to take up a great deal of my spare time, alongside the kids, work, motorcycle training etc, so I have decided to back off a bit on the card modelling stuff, for a while at least. I'd like to hand on the moderator functions for the design and competition forums, if anyone is interested perhaps you could drop Rick a line?

If anyone wants to discuss Rhino either p/m me or e-mail me directly on tim(at)tjpgraphics.com (replace (at) with @, of course!)

I'll pop by of course, but it won't be quite so frequently. Keep your scalpels sharp!

Tim P
    wunwinglow, and more recently, Dumbcluck.
  2. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

Good luck!

don't be away too long! have a good year!
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Good Luck Tim!

Hurry back!

4. fimdan

fimdan Member

Well, I think that you are doing this degree thing to simply qualify for educational rhino license :)

Good luck with your studies. What will you major in? Hope you don't mind me asking.

5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Ha, Fim, you've seen straight through my cunning plan!! Mind you, the whole degree is going to cost in the region of £5000, so maybe I'll get SolidWorks instead of Rhino!

BSc (Hon) Computing, although the way the courses are structured I can change this throughout the course. Early days yet! I'm about 10% through at the moment, but want to ramp up the number of modules I am working on. Otherwise it will take 10 years to complete!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Tim P

(I'll ditch the Dumbcluck thing now; getting bored with it.....)
  6. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

All the Best of Luck!

Best wishes for every success! Hurry Back!
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

To follow up on Tim's point about moderators, let me know if you are interested, and I will set it up.

Also, if anyone is interested in a particular forum section, let me know too

8. possm_23

possm_23 Member

Good Luck!!!!!

laterz Possm_23
  9. Kaz

Kaz Member

All the best,
    fancy riding a motorcycle with all that white water for kayaking :)
  10. Gil

Gil Active Member

All the best of luck in getting the degree tucked under your belt.

Best regards, Gil
  11. angevine

angevine Member

Working where I do (can't give too much away!! :wink: ) I see the course work for staff doing various Bsc (Hon) Courses, including Computing, on a regular basis. We work closely with Bournmouth Uni and the amount of work required is frightening.

I wish you all the best with your coursework, it is the golden ticket to a really high paid job these days.

Stick at it and if you need a kick up the bum to stay focused, give us a P/M :twisted:

12. charliec

charliec Active Member

Good luck with the course. I hope you realise that B.Sc(Hons) Computing is a
    nerd licence. It's been a while since I got my nerd licence but if I can help drop me a PM.

Are you going to apply for advanced standing in the computer graphic modules? Might save you a bit of time.

13. rowiac

rowiac Member

Gee, I thought a B.Sc was a Bronze Swimming Certificate...at least that's what Rimmer from Red Dwarf had, along with an S.Sc (Silver Swimming Certificate). :)

I assume it's similar to a BS in the United States (another unfortunate acronym)

Good luck on the degree.

14. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted! Nerd license? I'll be an official nerd then, instead of an amateur! And Kaz, white water? We get that here too, but its a bit on the hard side. Never stopped me though...

Bronze Swimming Certificate? Hm, I wondered why a pair of trunks was included in the list of stuff I'd need for the course! BSc is Batchelor of Science. No, I don't know why, either!

The Open Uni courses are modular and you can change the final degree right up to to the end, provided you have enough points in the appropriate modules. So I might well branch off towards design or business studies, I'll see how it goes.

Speak soon,

Tim P
  15. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Good luck. BSC will be good for you and will provide you with many options. Just try to pick the one that you will not find boring. I used to be a C programmer and found that you can end up writing the same piece of code only so many times. So I decided that being a Database Administrator was more of a challenge. Learn all that you can. If you’re with a company that will send you to training take it. 60% of my education came from the military and the other 30% has been from the companies I have worked for.