Dumb Questions ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
You know, I just realized, I can get at least two of your goats witha post like:

Subj: breeding mice in outer space

I have a stupid question about On30, what is...

THANKS FOR THE TIPS GUYS!!! EXPECT NEW THREADS!!!! :D :D :D :D j/k

Keep it lite and enjoy it and it will be better for all. Smile and enjoy the ride. Take time to smell the hoses (never understood that one, all the hoses I smelled smell like rubber).

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I rarely read most of the topics in general discussion, but feel compelled to respond here. It is when responding to threads involving opinion more than factual information when I may be inclined to close with "my two cents worth" as a way of soothing any feelings I may hurt with my difffering opinion. It doesn't by any stretch of the imigination mean I wish to diminish the value of what I said, only that I respect the opposing view of whom I'm responding to. To interpret it as insecure may be underestimating the intellect of the poster. To let anything not directly and offensively said to you bother you is beyond my understanding.

Gary

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Gary H Pfeil
I rarely read most of the topics in general discussion, but feel compelled to respond here. It is when responding to threads involving opinion more than factual information when I may be inclined to close with "my two cents worth" as a way of soothing any feelings I may hurt with my difffering opinion. It doesn't by any stretch of the imigination mean I wish to diminish the value of what I said, only that I respect the opposing view of whom I'm responding to. To interpret it as insecure may be underestimating the intellect of the poster. To let anything not directly and offensively said to you bother you is beyond my understanding.

Gary

I agree whole-heartedly!! I too, have put in "My Two cents worth" -- We went to a seminar for work about a Year ago. They stressed One major flaw with the internet as far as e-mails & BB posts.

Guess what it was???????????

No Emotions!!!! There is no emotion in these sentences.....

You Have to Make emotions <<---- Such as upper case letters to stress words

OR SHOUT!!!

Or if you really have something Different to say use: :rolleyes: <<---Emoticons

The way someone else percieves what YOU write is Never the same way as you type it...... NEVER!!!!!!

It will be read with the recipiants Present Emotion at the time of reading it......

We paid this instructor to teach us this stuff.... :) :) :)

If you dont want to offend --- or Appear to offend -- You MUST write out your emotions - this is extremely difficult for some people.. the only way for some is to use "Catch Phrases"

such as:

"Just My thoughts"
"Just my 2 Cents Worth"
"from my experience"
"In my experience"
IMHO - In My HUMBLE Opinion
MTE -- My Thoughts Exactly
BTW -- By the way <-- you knew that already :) :)

Words to Avoid!!!! : "Stupid Question"

The phrase Could be changed to:
"Here's One for you"
"I got a question"
"I have a question"
"Information Needed"
"More information Needed"
and my personal favorite: " help needed - please"

~~~~ Mikey :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.