Duco cement?

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by GT5500, Oct 8, 2007.

1. GT5500

GT5500 Member

I know Carl loves this stuff, but what is it really like? I have used bostik and UHU but find the threads it leaves everywhere very annoying does Duco do this?. The only reason I made a thread is because they don't sell it in the UK, which I find strange because devcon is the modellers choice for epoxy glues. I have looked for it on ebay but the only seller I found was selling it for around $2 but wanted $10 for shipping wall1 not sure what planet they live on.
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I've looked around all the stores in my area and I cannot find it either.
    Like all things I hear of that expert modelers like, I want to give it a try myself. No luck yet though.
    Carl said he buys his at WalMart but the 2 I have local to me do not carry it.

3. romfolmar

romfolmar New Member

My WalMarts carry it. It can be found online also. Search for Duco cement.
  4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Thats all well and good but we don't have walmart here sign1 actually we have Asda which is owned by walmart but I doubt they carry it.
  5. ScottWashburn

ScottWashburn New Member

I use Duco myself and I like it a lot. It dries quickly and strong and will not smear the ink on printed sheets (actually, I'm finding that it WILL disolve laserjet toner). Duco is hard to find, even in the States, but there is an identical product called Bond 527 that I can find in the local craft store.