Dubuque Iowa

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Howdy folks - My wife had to relocate to Dubuque Iowa to tend to some family issues. Upon researching housing options out there, she has found many sweet deals out there. Sooo.... Using her sweet charm and great attitude, She has convinced me to pack up the station wagon and move west.. Actually it was the savings on taxes, car insurance, mortgage,etc that did it.... Well anyway, I will be heading out there to live. I have been out there for about a total of 20 times. All of them for family functions, none for pleasure:cry: .
I have a few questions. Is there anyone from that area that i can network with from " The Gauge" ? Are there any good hobby shops out there?

I will not be joining her for awhile yet, about another 6 - 8 months because I need to finish a project that I am working on. Here comes the boring stuff - lol After the job is done, I will be getting a spinal cord stimulator implanted. Once this is done, I need to apply for permanent disability from work.. I will no longer be able to work in the Electrical Industry once the installation is complete. So I have some time to figure out my options yet. So should I stock up at my LHS or wait till I get to Iowa?
Thanx again to all my fellow "Gaugers".

BTW - Im coming from NJ ( all my life ) - cultural shock or what ???

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Wow!! a lot is happening in your life Michael.
I wish you both God speed on your future plans.
That implant sounds tricky,Pray all goes well.
I hope you get a decent pension out of them.
As regards Iowa hobby stores check out the web.

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Well I live in Fort Dodge, IA (2.5-3hrs away) and my sister lives in Dubuque. There is a hobby shop in town but i havent been to it yet because whenever i'm in Dubuque we're there and gone before I know it. I did notice there's a club on the southern side of town. If you feel like going to the Quad Cities, there's a good one near the airport called Thunder Road hobbies. I saw it from I-280 going home and stopped at it on the way back. Hope that was some help. Hope to hear from you whenever you get settled over this way.

Jacob