dubble track on w.s risers

emt49

i want to run a dubble track on woodland sceanics 2% risers. but as some of you may know thay wont fit two ho scail tracks on them .should i just buy 4 sets 2 up and 2 down. or is there any other way to do this . and just some info the trackes are on one big curve so the risers would have to be bent to the curve

While using two sets side by side would be the best way to go, why not just use a single set and cut out cardboard wide enough to support both tracks, glue it down centered on top of the single inclines, then glue the double tracka to the cardboard? Your scenery cover (plaster cloth or whatever) could attach to the edges of the cardboard. Saves you $25 you can spend on rolling stock.
Doc

emt49

Doc Holliday said:
While using two sets side by side would be the best way to go, why not just use a single set and cut out cardboard wide enough to support both tracks, glue it down centered on top of the single inclines, then glue the double tracka to the cardboard? Your scenery cover (plaster cloth or whatever) could attach to the edges of the cardboard. Saves you $25 you can spend on rolling stock.
Doc

thanks for the quick responce what thickness cardboard do you think i should use

Having never done it before, I don't know what thickness cardboard you should use. I would think that a sinlge layer of regular corregated box cardboard would work though. If you want to be safe, glue two layers together. It'd still be cheaper than doing a double wide incline.
Doc

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
The advantage of foam is that it is impervious to water-based paints and scenery materials. I think you might run into some warping problems if you use cardboard.

Andrew

MasonJar said:
The advantage of foam is that it is impervious to water-based paints and scenery materials. I think you might run into some warping problems if you use cardboard.

Andrew
You make an excellent point. I didn't think that far ahead. :eek:ops: Thanks.
Doc