Dual track

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by ysteve1, Sep 9, 2006.

1. ysteve1

ysteve1 New Member

I am brand new to trains and picked up a holiday G scale train set from our local hobby shop. I plan on running a suspended track around my game room.
    My question is do they make a track that will run G scale and HO scale. or will the HO track fit inside the G track.

I only want to run the holiday train during holidays and a HO scale train during the rest of the time while only having to suspend 1 track.

2. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

:wave: welcome to the gauge Steve, don't have any G track but would think that HO would fit inside it.
  3. ysteve1

ysteve1 New Member

thanks jim

4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Steve: HO track should fit inside the G gauge. You will have problems if you put in switches.
    You may not find HO that matches the G track exactly, but flexible track will certainly fit in.
  5. ysteve1

ysteve1 New Member

Thanks David,
    Currently I'm just planning a basic oval about 12' X 5'. the supension cables have to clear two cealing fans that are over a pool table.

6. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

I've learned that ceiling fans keep dust moving constantly, so you might wanna take that into consideration as for track cleaning:D . I dont know if it will fit though as I have no G gauge to compare it to.