dual exhaust?

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

can a dual exhaust system hurt my engine in any way?
  2. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

I don't think so. They make a dual exhaust for the T-Maxx so..... However i can't be 100% sure.
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

no it wouldn't hurt your car at all for a dual exhaust
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

as for it looking killer anyway, it would actually help since ur allowing more ways for the exhaust to let out.
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

The only thing bad about a dual exhaust is that there is really no way for the unburnt oil to escape the engine. And that leads to a buildup of oil in the exhaust system. eventually that will build up in the pipe and choke out the engine or leak back into the cylinder and cause bad ju-ju. LOL

In short you have to make sure it is drained regularly.
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hey rock im not saying your a lier or anything its just ive seen alot of duel exhaust's on ebay and other places and they never say anything about the oil building up. And also why would it build up and not come out like on any other exhaust?
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

8. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

it can build up because do you notice how some oil drips out ur exhaust pipe after your done with it? with a dually......the pipe bends upwards around the chassis and engine, so im assuming the oil sticks there? but i dont think thats a problem if you run it often as the air flow will push the oil out. i got it BTW.....just waiting for shipping.....but im rebuildin me RC so itll be after spring that i test it out =(.
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well see the Associated gt eng exhaust goes up in the air b4 it goes down, there would be a problem with that but there isent. I don't think there would be a problem but I don't have 1 to confirm on that. BUT now that I thinkof it Traxxas has a duely on there stampede....
  10. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

All of those exhaust setups are short distance. The force of the exhaust is enough to get rid of the fuel from there. When you lengthen the exhaust you loose power and the exhaust looses the ability to force the unburnt fuel back into the engine because of the pulse timing being so long. Tuned pipes are "tuned" for a reason. I am not saying that they suck or anything. I am just saying that they dont work for power apps at all. :)
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well it should be fine for a tmaxx then because it would be directed to the rear and thene igne is right in the read.
  12. digdug72

digdug72 Member

So basically it's up tp the driver, car and driving conditions? Due to the fact that the onroad dual exhaust are a tad bit long.
  13. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

i got a dual exhasut for sale
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.