dry transfer help

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
is there anyone who might know of a way to restore dry transfers i left my box of xfers out in the heat last summer :eek:ops: now they are all dried up :cry:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
There's nothing that I'm aware of that will restore them. They'll also dry out with age and either break up or distort when you try to apply them. Although it doesn't help with your current problem, when you apply them over irregular surfaces that make it difficult to properly burnish them, you can use Solvaset, just as you would on a decal, to get them to snuggle down over the details.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Jim,

Dried out is dried out, and not reversable. :cry:I used to use them all the time and some lasted a very long time, but when they started to dry and crack, they were useless. Sometimes you can get away with doing two letters over each other, but that doesn't always work either.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
ezdays said:
Jim,

Dried out is dried out, and not reversable. :cry:I used to use them all the time and some lasted a very long time, but when they started to dry and crack, they were useless. Sometimes you can get away with doing two letters over each other, but that doesn't always work either.

well Don leave it to a frugal(cheep) guy like me to come up with my own way of fixing things. i mixed pio bond with lacquer thinner real thin and sprayed it on the back of the sheets let it dry for several days and wala it worked:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jim currie said:
well Don leave it to a frugal(cheep) guy like me to come up with my own way of fixing things. i mixed pio bond with lacquer thinner real thin and sprayed it on the back of the sheets let it dry for several days and wala it worked:)
Geeze Jim, you coulda saved me a bundle had I known this about ten years ago...:D :D :D :D

Glad you found a way, too late for me though, I threw all my dried-out sheets away.:cry: :cry:Somehow it doesn't seem to matter, I wouldn't know what to do with a sheet of 36 or 72 point letters in N scale anyway.:rolleyes: :wave: