Dropship Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot4Darmat

Apr 15, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
They all start looking very similar and familiar don't they.

The drawings in the first two images above were concepts, and ended up being changed a fair bit before they finalized the design. The dropship from the CGI series looks mostly like the retrieval ship (lower drawing), but with quite different landing gear, different tail and different outboard thrusters and lift engines. It actually ended up being a very cool design imo.

Tars

Jul 1, 2006
Germany
www.planetstarfreak.de
Nuh I think for an army that fights bugs, their dropships look a bit too much like insects :) But still they look a whole lot better than the ones from the movie. But the resemblance to the Pelican and Cheyenne is too strong, as I don't want a bunch of dropships that look all the same. At least not now. Maybe I'll get to them in a few years ;)
Considering the size of the BT ships, they look more and more like a special feature since they are too large for the regular series :D

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
can you believe they want $19.95 for a very small replication of this? would be great to see tiny on paper. now the overlord would be too huge. basically an egg on stilts( or toothpicks?)

Bet me. If we can do a 3-foot Galactica, Roger Young, and just about everything else, why would an oversized easter egg be difficult?

There is a Leopard Class card model kicking around here somewhere.

And I be the creator of that there beastie. Ask and it's yours!

The Overlord and Union would not be difficult to make although the models would be rather large if made to scale with table top mecha.

The Leopard is the smallest of the common dropships for Battletech at 66m x 52m x 22m (L x W x H). Union 82m x 82m x 78m. Overlord 99m x 99m x 132m.

WOW! I've never been able to find actual measurements anywhere. I ended up taking a battlemech and designing the door to fit, then working out from there. Thanks for the info!

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
Actually, I'd like a small version of the ISSAPC from Space: Above and Beyond for use with Battletech. I have a 28mm one designed, as does someone else. I lost all my master files before I could get it shrunk, though.

Tars

Jul 1, 2006
Germany
www.planetstarfreak.de
This one's 10cm long in it's current version as I found some size information that stated a length of 50m, which is far too long now that I think about it... the ISSCV should be around half that lenght I think.

TonyG2

Jun 7, 2006
Sheffield usually.
Actually, I'd like a small version of the ISSAPC from Space: Above and Beyond for use with Battletech. I have a 28mm one designed, as does someone else. I lost all my master files before I could get it shrunk, though.

One in the same scale as Jans UD-4 would be great (as would a Pelican)...

Z

Zathros

announce1Please, no "Necroposting, this thread is from 2009!!wall1

The links till work at the beginning of the thread though.

Z

Zathros

Kjev, you've been consistently posting. You are a great consistent poster/member!! Something great for others to emulate. So consistent, I could see how you would have time warped. So are we older or you younger, ow does that work? In any event, this thread is dead. If the original poster wants to return to it he can start a new one because I just closed this one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.