Dropship and Nostromo cardmodels from "Alien" movi

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doc_harvey, Mar 20, 2005.

1. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Anyone have any card model plans for the Nostromo and the Marine "dropship" from the Alien series?
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

3. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Yeah what a set of kits, possibly the best overall subject ever created...He is in the development stages of a fully pose-able 1:24 dropship... :shock: :shock: to match his APC....
    Im stupified at his creations
    John John
  4. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

He is a GREAT modeller...but he doesn't have the plans for the dropship completed, and he doesn't have the 'Nostromo" from the first movie...I could have sworn that I saw a paper model of the Nostrom somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it again....as an side, just finished the TIE bomber model from the lvhcc website....what a fun model to build!
  5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I hope Im not pointing out the obvious, (but I did direct another modeler to them recently as he couldnt find them :shock: :shock: ) but Jan does have 3 separate Dropships availaable at the moment, Ive built them and they are excellent lits with perfect detailing.
    In the Colony section in the Aircraft & Vehicles are the 3 of them & an APC

Enjoy...I dunno if Jan comes to this site but if he does.....

Top marks and thanks so so very much for your kits
    John John
  6. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Thanks...found the drop ships....seen any models of the Nostromo?
  7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Sorry no but 1 out of 2 aint bad

John John
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Guys................. is it me or what?

I tried to un-archive the drop ship file and it asked for a password. I looked on the site and didn't see any reference to one.

9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

John, the old password is ALIENS not sure if it will still fly
  10. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

The password for all of his models is "ALIENS"....all caps...enjoy
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Guys!
  12. SteveM

SteveM Member

No, only the models from the movie "Aliens" uses that password. The models in the bonus section usually use something different. The password is listed just above the download icon.

Note that Jan is concentrating on "Aliens" thus no Nostromo which is from "Alien"

I think I remember seeing a Narcissus (the Nostromo's escape pod) somewhere but I don't think there was ever a "kit" for it.

13. widget

widget Member

Horizon did a vinyl kit of it. It's quite expensive right now. OOP.
  14. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Yet more fo the Aliens landing grid is up and ready for constrcution...this guy is amazing....

Thanks Jan
  15. fremen

fremen New Member

Hard models!!! :?
  16. etopsirhc

etopsirhc n00b with ideas,Bad combo

idk if he still has it , but if u wanna do the work to convert the mesh to paper proteus6007 has a model of it on deviant art . u just have to email him for it ( until he gets his site back up )

[edit] sry , i just didnt check the date b4 replying >< *huge necro-post*
  17. Zathros

Zathros Guest

etopsirhc, thanks for the info. Please, if you don't mind. This is an International forum, and a lot of people use translating programs. Using abbreviations like "idk", "b4" "u" and "sry" don't translate well. The limits of the technology. I am sure this will all change soon, but for now, could you please just write the old fashioned way? Till technology catches up? I have enough trouble typing because I have big hands, I would love to use texting short cuts. Thanks. :)
  18. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Someone was working on the Nostromo and someone else was working on the Betty (crappy Aliens movie, cool ship), but they have fallen off the map. Looking very doubtful that they will ever see the light of day. So is the world of papercraft sometimes, oh well. :cry: