drive shaft problems

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by missymouse, Mar 25, 2006.

1. missymouse

missymouse Member

hi guys. i been working on the jelcz 13/48 fire truck from orlik and the assembly is going smooth until i noticed that there is on'y the yokes for the 2 on the transmission and ends of 2 drive shafts and the 2 for the middle differention and the one for the rear, now the instructions show the 2 short drive shafts connecting but seems to fall short of linking the middle diff with the transmission and no shaft between the diffs, now on real trucks having 2 short shafts linked together with out a carrier bearing between them would pose a balance, torque and safety issue. when assembled the 2 shafts are around 1 inch long but seems i need about 3 inches between the lead diff and the tranny. if any one has built this kit or even the dump truck, could you help me out?

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Miss MissyMouse,

First welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you, I know I am abit late in my welcomes, but better late than never.
    Ok, I really cant help you on this problem with the drive shaft, if it were a real drive shaft that I could work on in a machine shop, I probably could though.
    But, the reason I responded was your choice of "build" a firetruck.
    I know where a nice looking free download for a firetruck can be found. It is a model of the winslow, arizona FD fire engine.

You can find the file to this model at by clicking on the "various models" topic on left site of screen.
    Anyway, I just wanted to pass along this link to you incase you might be interested in another fire engine.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

ps. you will also find the "hand phasers" from the original star trek series as well as the one from the "next generation" series.