DRIFT !!!!

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by danielh89, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielh89

danielh89 Member

i have seen sum bad drift cars from yokomo.
    dose any one no any think about them?

i would proberbley get the electric one as the nitro one costs to much
    thanks.
    dan
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well from what I know they have drift rings that go over the tires that makes it slide really well. The body's you can customize with spoilers, rims, exhaust tips, lights... If you already have a onroad electric rc you can make that into a drifter without even haveing to buy 1 of those kits. With my 4tec I was drifting. There was some sand, just alittle bit, and I would throw my car sides ways at about 40 MPH and would get a deasent 15+ foot drift.
  3. danielh89

danielh89 Member

4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ya, i dont think that u need to spend boat loads of money on a drifter. there not made to go fast, persay. they just need to be a solid chassis thats preferably 4wd and onroad. I get the feeling with Yokomo's, since theyre probably all lighter parts, they would break easier, making u obviously need to work on it more. When u could get a nice drifter on a more solid chassis for less money than a yokomo, why not buy a cheap one???
  5. danielh89

danielh89 Member

ye i will look into it.
    what chassi would you say good?
  6. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i have been drifting my micro at the local indoor track, and around the house. all you need is slick tires, or just tape your tires with some electric tape, and a small pinion gear. you dont need top end when you drift, you need low end torq so you can hit the gas and make the tires loose traction.if you are interested in a good microp drifter, tower sells the micro street force for 79.00 rtr. it comes with upper and liwer graphite chasis, which is supper light,radio,battery, and charger. it is the most fun i have had for the price.
  7. danielh89

danielh89 Member

that looks like a cool car but i wnt to stick to 1/10 scale.
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

tc3,tc4,4tec....
  9. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

trust me i still have a 10th, but the micro is alot of fun indoors. and they are crazy fast
  10. danielh89

danielh89 Member

do they still use a 540 size motor?
    cuz that would be crazy.
    and insainly quick
  11. danielh89

danielh89 Member

i have been looking at the traxxas 4tec's
    what do you gus think of them?
    and do u think rtr or rtr+ esc?
    i think i would probly put something like a 17 turn motor in with a novak dually speedo.
    dan
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

about the 540... if u are thinking micro's no they use a smaller size motor, as for 1/10 they use the 540 size can. I myself have a 4tec and it is decent but I would get a better set up then what comes stock. If you have the money I belive you can get them as a kit and then buy the electronics seperate. My 4tec is drifting pretty good I just wish I had a digital cam to take a video of it its pretty cool. And the 4tec is really fast mine right now was a 15 turn motor and a LRp speedo and a 3000 pack hits at least 45!
  13. danielh89

danielh89 Member

man that is quick for an electric!
    im realy liking the look off the 4tec's at the moment.
    i cant find a kit version anywear but its avalable without the esc
    and that makes it cheaper.
    are you running bearings on yours?
    and witch lrp speedo are you using?
    im not to botherd about the drifting any more i just want a quick car.
    thanks again
  14. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

[red]Yep I have bearing in mine. I have the LRp Sport, it can handle motor's down to 14 turns.
  15. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

the micro uses either a 180 stock or 240 i believe is the upgrade. but you can mod them to fit the 540. i dont know why you would though you could not control it.however venom makes a sweet brushless for the micro.
  16. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ya 4tecs are a very good urgrade kind of car. not sure if its 4wd tho, the TL01 is one of best drifting chassis's.
  17. danielh89

danielh89 Member

i have always liked the tl01. one of my ol mates hade one years ago and it was very cool.
    plus the tl01 is cheaper than the 4tec.
  18. danielh89

danielh89 Member

what do you guys think of the tamiya tt01?
    there are some nice mods avabul for them including carbon chassi and other profomance parts
  19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Yep they are 4wd and just about any sedan rims and tires will work on it. If you look on towerhobbies there is a company called powerline that makes alot of alumium upgrades for the 4tec. Traxxas has a nice line of upgrades also. Tower hobbies:
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=4tec&FVPROFIL= &search3=Go

Traxxas:
    www.traxxas.com

I wana upgrade my car this winter to nothing will be bale to tounch it, not like much can now :D
  20. bandit1

bandit1 Member

the tt01 i think i heard is a little more expensive, but is the next step up from a tl01. i may be wrong, it was a while ago now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.