Dresser Top Warehouse Building

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
sign1 I guess I do! My short-term memory isn't that great though!! (...at least I don't think so!) :D

Yeah, that building is THE most excellent warehouse structure I've built, and that's saying something. :thumb: However, they really strived to prevent you from reversing the walls in this kit (which would have made it easier for my layout if it could have! :(

All in all Walther's open-are transload building is AWESOME! :thumb:

I'll put a pic in my "First Serious layout" thread later today with pics!

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
So, I looked at the site you posted vs what you built and yours is a 100 times better then the manufacturer. Look at the roof on the left and the paint......

87-10022web.jpg

SEE THE DIFFERENCE?????? :)
Warehouse_Full_View.jpg

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
arent they supposed to have a bend in thm for drains? i figured you were talking about the bend in the roof at the left.as for the ba paint job,that was just a stupid mistake.--josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
did the snow weigh 10 tons!!! i didnt really know as ive never been on a ware house.oh well just an educated gues.....well not THAT educated LOL --josh

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
bigsteel said:
did the snow weigh 10 tons!!! i didnt really know as ive never been on a ware house.oh well just an educated gues.....well not THAT educated LOL --josh

I have been and to tell you the truth there is some slope but that is crazy! Normally the slope goes to the edge of the building too, not the middle. That would create a large Lake! :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
MilesWestern said:
sign1 I guess I do! My short-term memory isn't that great though!! (...at least I don't think so!) :D

Yeah, that building is THE most excellent warehouse structure I've built, and that's saying something. :thumb: However, they really strived to prevent you from reversing the walls in this kit (which would have made it easier for my layout if it could have! :(

All in all Walther's open-are transload building is AWESOME! :thumb:

I'll put a pic in my "First Serious layout" thread later today with pics!

Sweet, can't wait for some pics!!!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
COMBAT said:
So, I looked at the site you posted vs what you built and yours is a 100 times better then the manufacturer. Look at the roof on the left and the paint......

Well now that you posted that, I do see the difference and I DO LIKE MINE BETTER :D :D

That paint job is really bad compated to the MFR and that sag on the MFR building is horrible lol. I noticed that the roof does sag like that unless there are inside supports which I have had to do for a couple of buildings to stop the sag. As far as the slope for drainage, they do have a slight slope but nothing like that!! sign1

CNWman said:
Hey TruckLover, Just curious: is this EXCELENT building going to stay where it is or are you going to move it to another place?

Thanks!!! It will stay there temporarly till I can build my new bigger layout then it will find it's new home there, I think that I might make it a lil bigger on the new layput to :D :D

ozzy said:
hey, did ya know theres one very big drive in theater next to your warehouse?

HEHEHE

sign1 I was watching the Military Channel in most of the pics.

Thanks guys for the compliments :D :D :D

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
i love that channel!

TruckLover said:
Well now that you posted that, I do see the difference and I DO LIKE MINE BETTER :D :D

That paint job is really bad compated to the MFR and that sag on the MFR building is horrible lol. I noticed that the roof does sag like that unless there are inside supports which I have had to do for a couple of buildings to stop the sag. As far as the slope for drainage, they do have a slight slope but nothing like that!! sign1

Thanks!!! It will stay there temporarly till I can build my new bigger layout then it will find it's new home there, I think that I might make it a lil bigger on the new layput to :D :D

sign1 I was watching the Military Channel in most of the pics.

Thanks guys for the compliments :D :D :D

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
its been awhile trucklover,any new updates or pics for us with nothing to do?LOL,just wanted to see what your up to this time.--josh

P.S,the military channel is awesome!!! i love watchin people blow stuff up! :twisted: train97

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
its been awhile trucklover,any new updates or pics for us with nothing to do?LOL,just wanted to see what your up to this time.--josh​

P.S,the military channel is awesome!!! i love watchin people blow stuff up! :twisted: train97​

Nope, nothing new yet, been kinda busy lately, should have some updates and new pics by the middle of the week tho :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The military channel is my new favorite channel besides discovery channel lol

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Some Updates

Here are some new pics from around the warehouse yard:

Warehouse_Full_View_2.jpg

Another overview of the yard showing all the construction and the trucks. As you can see, I was watching the Military Channel again lol

Warehouse_Full_View_3.jpg

Another overview shot just like above but from a different angle

Building_Siding_2.jpg

A look down the siding, just added some ballast

Construction.jpg

View of the construction on the building, it is getting to be a good old construction site mess lol

Construction_2.jpg

Nuther view of the construction, you can see a cement truck unloading some cement in the back for the foundation that is being poured inside. Meanwhile, the loader is parked and a OVERNITE trans. Mack pulls away an empty 24' flatbed pup trailer.

Construction_3.jpg

A dirty excavator sits behind some containers that house some important machinery and tools.

Thats it for now, I am going to ballast the roof tomarrow

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Ballasted Roof

Here is my ballasted roof for the Warehouse, I think that it makes it look a lil more realistic + gives the roof a lil texture.

Here are some pics:

Warehouse_Roof_Before.jpg

Roof Before Ballast was added

Warehouse_Roof_After_1.jpg

Roof After ballast was added.

Warehouse_Roof_After_2.jpg

Another shot, I am planning on adding some roof top equipment such as air units and vents and maybe some small machinery and roof access ladders.

Well thats it for now.