Dremel ????

CRed

Dremels are great tools,I had an old one that had the flex cable and liked it quite a bit and it came in handy around the house.

Chris

Fluesheet

That was my post initially - unfortunately I've not spent alot of time on the trainset recently, so held off on a purchase. What time I've had has been spent working on a couple of cars, which don't require heavy enough work to warrant a dremel. For what it's worth, I was leaning toward the cordless in the more traditional format - it's higher voltage would allow heavier work and / or longer work periods.

I'll be certain to update that thread one way or the other if I make a purchase.

CRed is right about Dremels in general - very handy for multiple uses. Every house should have one, hobbies or not. :)

TA462

I use my Dremel for a lot of things. The flex shaft attachment has come in handy the odd time. I would recommend buying a Dremel that comes as a package with a bunch of attachments. When you start buying all attachments seperate it really adds up. I got mine at Home Depot with a 100 pc attachment set for less then 100 Canadian.

fsm1000

I used a dremel for decades and only in the last couple years or so have I had a flex shaft. I don't know how I did it without one.
I highly recommend just about anything by dremel

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I just got one for my birthday last year, and didn't even ask for one.(Gotta love Better-Half).Now I don't know how I survived with out one.
Its great for all those projects around the house........

Oh Yeah....Excellent for modeling also.