Dremel ????

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rogerw, May 24, 2007.

1. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

read this post after a search
    Now I need a dremel so I can start laying some track.
    What was the finall virdict on the stylus and the flex cable dremel. Good, bad .....
  2. CRed

CRed Member

Dremels are great tools,I had an old one that had the flex cable and liked it quite a bit and it came in handy around the house.

3. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Thanks chris
  4. Fluesheet

Fluesheet Member

That was my post initially - unfortunately I've not spent alot of time on the trainset recently, so held off on a purchase. What time I've had has been spent working on a couple of cars, which don't require heavy enough work to warrant a dremel. For what it's worth, I was leaning toward the cordless in the more traditional format - it's higher voltage would allow heavier work and / or longer work periods.

I'll be certain to update that thread one way or the other if I make a purchase.

CRed is right about Dremels in general - very handy for multiple uses. Every house should have one, hobbies or not. :)
  5. TA462

TA462 New Member

I use my Dremel for a lot of things. The flex shaft attachment has come in handy the odd time. I would recommend buying a Dremel that comes as a package with a bunch of attachments. When you start buying all attachments seperate it really adds up. I got mine at Home Depot with a 100 pc attachment set for less then 100 Canadian.
  6. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

I used a dremel for decades and only in the last couple years or so have I had a flex shaft. I don't know how I did it without one.
    I highly recommend just about anything by dremel
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

I just got one for my birthday last year, and didn't even ask for one.(Gotta love Better-Half).Now I don't know how I survived with out one.
    Its great for all those projects around the house........

Oh Yeah....Excellent for modeling also.