Dragon from Tales of Earthsea

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by laruru, Oct 26, 2007.

1. laruru

laruru New Member

I've just finished my sitting dragon project.
    a real reward to see it sitting in my cupboard. I put a couple photos in my gallery, but hey, let's put some more here.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I tried make it more polished with clear spray-can paint, but does it seemed it lacks of gleam? Do you think I should spray some more?
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

That looks fantastic!! As it is too.

Where can one get that model??
  3. bill516

bill516 Member

Thats awesome with a capital AWE. Come on own up where can you get one

4. laruru

laruru New Member

5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I've never seen a paper dragon as cool as that one!!! Nice build!!
  6. laruru

laruru New Member

Where were my manners! I forgot to say thank you!

Thank you, skupilkinson, bill516, and lex.
    I still am awed by the dragon. Two weeks' worth project.
    This ear-to-ear grin I'm having won't be gone for days.
  7. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I understand. It's both a great model and superb build. Off to check my messages. ;)
  8. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Great job - looks good, and personally I wouldn't try to go shinier.
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I couldn't agree more!
    I think you have done a fantastic job, and you should leave it just the way it is!:cool:

You are the creator so you do whatever you want to with it until your satisfied. That's the most important part of the hobby! You yourself must be satisfied and happy with it.:mrgreen:

In my opinion, if you tried to make it shinier, it could tend to distract the observer. As it is, I think, it's just right.

Great job!:thumb:

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Like it as is! Great job :)
  11. gippolot

gippolot Member

Really attractive model. And a build that does it justice. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

12. laruru

laruru New Member

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! and Thank you!
    It's been an awesome crafting process. And couldn't have done it without the help of a brave soul who made the dragon before I did.

I've seen more amazing works in the forum's pictures gallery. I still need a lot of things to learn and catch up.

I've decided to take the advice. I let the dragon be.

I'm thinking of making the second dragon (flying type). but I'm still having euphoria. I'll cool myself down for a bit before deciding what to build.
  13. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Muriel!

The dragon appears to be a pretty tricky build and you certainly did it justice - looks outstanding!:cool:

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
  14. elf

elf Member

that is impressive ...my father has a thing for dragons so i try to keep an eye out for different ones that i could make him
  15. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Congratulations - a well deserved POTW
  16. laruru

laruru New Member

A great honour for me.
    As I said before, I'm still new, there are a lot of things I need to learn.
    Thanks for picking the dragon as POTW.
    Now I got one more reason to keep my euphoria-ness for another week.:lol:
  17. kamio

kamio New Member

wow, lol , laruru dragon choosen as POTW ^o^
    congratz..... ^^
  18. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

i seen this model on a japanese site.

They were selling it for a lot of money.
    I then found it on a site that someone scanned all the pages of the book and posted it as a free model on the internet.
    Isn't that called pirateing? :cry:

19. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Glue² chronicle - Introduce the interesting goods

Gol to this url. It's from the Glue2 website. I ordered one and you have to go through Amazon Japan. But, there is a English button that you can use to help with the ordering.

I have forgotten the price, but it wasn't too extravagant considering the price of gas and milk these days!

I haven't built mine and probably won't for years to come (!), but the quality is typically Japanese...just the best you could hope for.

20. bill516

bill516 Member

There is also this site Gedo Senki Paper Craft Book

takes you right to the item it will give you different currencies and postal rate. I've ordered mine now I'm waiting to pay for it. Nice change not grabbing your money up front before they process your order.